Adobe Drops OSX support, officially for Adobe framework

Discussion in 'Community' started by carbonmotion, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Dippo macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Does anyone actually use Adobe Framework?

I know I don't!
  2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    That's FrameMaker -- Indesign's big brother that they bought quite awhile back.

They were aiming to have Indesign take over PageMaker/Quark space and FrameMaker take over for large documents, easy multiple media publishing, and where an integrated wordprocessor/layout apps were needed.

Then they dropped the ball on all the advertising for FrameMaker... and didn't include it in any combo packages.

Great application, but Adobe was concentrating on the Enterpise level installation while neglecting the individual small customer. Which means lots of windows sales and no too many Mac OS sales.
  3. Colonel Panik macrumors regular

Feb 23, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    Yes, Adobe FrameMaker has just become a non-cross-platform application.

Anyone who hung out at Framers got used to the arrogant attitude of the Adobe guys who kept claiming that Windows was just as good as the Mac for publishing.
    Yeah right. How come that I have to zoom in to 1600% to see where the characters actually are on Windows, whereas with the Mac it gave true WYSIWYG. Sad sad sad.

Anyway, FrameMaker is a great product for doing what it does. The best, I'd warrant.