Adobe edu discount at Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheSailerMan, Apr 1, 2007.

1. TheSailerMan macrumors member

Hi all.

So I am looking into buying a photo-editing app.

I have installed the demo of Lightroom, and so far I like using it.
    Tomorrow (hopefully), I'm going to my local Apple Store to try out Aperture (I have a Mac mini, but will be getting a MBP when I go to college).

So, if I decide to buy Lightroom, will I be able to get the Adobe edu discount on it at the Apple Store?

And...

Adobe offers its edu discount to any student, while Apple only offers theirs to college students (as far as I can tell). Will the Apple Store grant me the Adobe edu discount even though I'm still a high school senior? If not, if I show them a letter of acceptance from a college, will they grant me the discount? :confused:

Thanks for the help.

2. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

To my knowledge the only things available with an EDU Discount in a brick and mortar store is Apple hardware (Apples own software is not even available with a discount).

THe only way to get the discount through Apple is to order online or to call.

3. polevault139 macrumors 6502

The only thing I know for sure is that you get the edu. discount by just presenting a letter of acceptance.

I know this because I am currently a senior as well and I gt accepted to IA State back in July and soon after that I bought an iMac, so yes a letter of acceptance will suffice but whether this pertains to Adobe I have no idea.

4. kekejoe macrumors newbie

yep

My university bought me Adobe, so I'm not sure about their discount practices.

If you have a student/faculty ID from your college any Apple store will give you a discount. However, most don't do customization. I ordered my customized MP online and got the same discount as the store would give without having to give any proof of University affiliation (any regular Joe can get the discount). One thing I would check on though is if you go into your University bookstore they might be a certified Apple retailer....and they might just offer you an even bigger discount.