Adobe Education Version ?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by jwt, Sep 9, 2007.

1. jwt
    macrumors 6502

Mar 28, 2007
    What's the difference between this and the regular version, beside the price? I think I heard that the educational version is non-upgradable. Is it also not updateable, as in point updates?
  2. macrumors 603

Jan 31, 2005
    Omaha, NE, USA
    No, you get the free updates. But I don't think you qualify for the upgrade pricing when the new versions are released.
  3. macrumors 68000

Jul 10, 2007
    I am pretty sure that the education license gets all the necessary updates (CS3 education will get all CS3 updates). I am also pretty sure that it is NOT eligible for an upgrade license when CS4 comes out.
  4. jwt
    thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 28, 2007
  5. macrumors 68020

May 18, 2004
    actually the education version is eligible for upgrades in two different ways; If you're now a former student, you're eligible to buy the retail upgrade to the new versions of the software, and if you're still a student, basically you buy a the version of the software at the student price......this is what customer service at the adobe online store told me a couple of weeks ago
  6. macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Macky's right. Look here from Adobe's website. Says you can upgrade, just not with a discount.
  7. macrumors newbie

Feb 8, 2008
    So let me just get this straight here. If I currently am running the full CS2 educational suite, I can simply purchase the Adobe CS3 standard design suite ($399), or any version of the upgrade for that matter, and it should work just fine? Honestly, not even Adobe's website lays this out in much detail. I know I'm basically asking someone to reiterate, but a "set in stone" answer would be great. I'm planning on purchasing this in the next week if so. I can't deal with the CS2 on Intel any longer.

One more related question. If I do only own the Standard CS2 Educational Suite, am I able to upgrade to the package that includes the web tools as well? Or can you only upgrade to another design (sans-web) suite? Thanks for any help you may offer. I appreciate it.