Adobe file flaw fixed by 10.5.4?

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jun 6, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2007

I am surprised this was not fixed during the beat testing cycle. Is anybody at Adobe is actually participating in beta testing???

3. macrumors 68020

Nov 8, 2003
    New Zealand
    Guess not.
  4. macrumors G3

Jan 9, 2008
    Sunny, Southern California
    Makes you wonder when 10.5.4 will be released. This is a pretty big issue.
  5. macrumors regular

May 2, 2002
    not really

Really, its not a huge issue as I understand it. You have to have a file server and be working from the files on the server.
    Working directly from a server is something that Adobe advises against in all their literature on the subject. You should copy work files to a local volume edit then commit the changes to the server.

There are, of course, work-arounds. If the bug is in fact related to AppleShare calls as Adobe claims, then using NFS or SMB instead would eliminate the issue and only takes a few clicks on the OS X server software and a re-linking on the desktop(s).
  6. macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    I work off a server a lot: it's a great solution, for instance, when all my projects are on my desktop Mac, yet I want to easily and effortlessly ALSO be able to work from my Air, anywhere in my home at any time. And never have multiple versions of a project out of sync (nor have to copy ALL of the project's massive associated files). This has always worked great, and luckily I did NOT learn about this bug the hard way! I have not jumped to 10.5.3 yet. But I will appreciate a fix when it comes.