Adobe file flaw fixed by 10.5.4?

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jun 6, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors newbie

Wot?

I am surprised this was not fixed during the beat testing cycle. Is anybody at Adobe is actually participating in beta testing???

3. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

Guess not.

4. macrumors G3

rhett7660

Makes you wonder when 10.5.4 will be released. This is a pretty big issue.

5. macrumors regular

not really

Really, its not a huge issue as I understand it. You have to have a file server and be working from the files on the server.
    Working directly from a server is something that Adobe advises against in all their literature on the subject. You should copy work files to a local volume edit then commit the changes to the server.

There are, of course, work-arounds. If the bug is in fact related to AppleShare calls as Adobe claims, then using NFS or SMB instead would eliminate the issue and only takes a few clicks on the OS X server software and a re-linking on the desktop(s).

6. macrumors G5

nagromme

I work off a server a lot: it's a great solution, for instance, when all my projects are on my desktop Mac, yet I want to easily and effortlessly ALSO be able to work from my Air, anywhere in my home at any time. And never have multiple versions of a project out of sync (nor have to copy ALL of the project's massive associated files). This has always worked great, and luckily I did NOT learn about this bug the hard way! I have not jumped to 10.5.3 yet. But I will appreciate a fix when it comes.