Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotrod351

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Mohave Valley Arizona
just got a 2008 macbook pro, have a 2007 macbook pro that battery wont charge, so its sitting for a while. anyway i cloned my lion hard drive onto the 2008 and everything is great. question is about El Capitan, its the latest and free for my 2008, but how will adobe flash player work with it. my wife used the 2007 for some online game that required adobe flash player and now will be using the 2008. seeing as i can upgrade it to El Capitan is good but will i still be able to run flash.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Open your System Preferences, then click on the Flash Player pref pane, then click on the Updates tab, and click on the Check Now button to verify that your installed plug-in is up-to-date and installed. You can download from there, too, if an update is needed.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
Flash will work. I actually just removed Flash and installed Opera browser as it has Flash built-in to the browser (Chrome has this as well). Would much rather go this route than have Flash on my MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.