Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr.Chiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Hi i am becoming a movie producer on the compuiter like several of my friends knox from knoxs korner with his klaymations and Jason Steele and his Spatulas in Spatula madness well im planning on drawing (creating) the people for the movie and objects in ilustrator and i guess add details in photoshop cs2 and then animate in after effects and asemble in adobe premiere. Well im totally lost i dont know how to use illustrator for good art like i saw someone make a flower in illustrator it looked like a photograph im very confused im hoping for some help im hoping somone can teach me also if anyones good with illustrator pelase post here and maybe someone can try making this image in some other programm or illustrator its a Pencil yellow number 2 with a red top eraser and like near the eraser and pencil 2 eyeballs and under that a smile and tongue sticking out then to arms coming out the sides of the pencil then near the tip of the pencil to legs sticking out and make it look cooler maybe someoen can draw me a exampke of something im trying to draw like that anyway please i need help maybe whoever helps me i could use u as a voice in my movie productions i already have the series planned out just i need help drawing these thigns with good detail on illustrator

JoeKarame

macrumors regular
May 2, 2005
Thanks to the original post, my eyes are now permanently ruined due to the lack of grammer and correct sentence structure...

Argh.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
wonder if this is a hoax?

if not, maybe somebody could ascertain what the guy's native language is and contact him using that...

Dr.Chiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
ok i get it the grammer was bad no need to be jerks can u just help me

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
Dr.Chiz said:
ok i get it the grammer was bad no need to be jerks can u just help me

this may sound jerky, but no...I don't think anybody can understand what it is you want.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
As for the pencil, just scan a photo in and then trace over it to get what you want. Then select the oval or whatever else you need in the tools menu (on the left side of the screen). Play around with color and shading and in about half an hour (for a noob and that's okay ;) ) you will see what you want (with the pencil). Just use seperate layers (5-7 at most for the final finish) for the pencil body, the head, eyes and so on so that you can change them during the animation.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
There are simple searches for Illustrator Tutorials easily found with little effort. It would be better if you did not multiple post your question (you currently have the same post in three different threads) and, when posting a legitimate question, please use some common courtesy in phrasing your query with intelligible writing.

Dr.Chiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Why ty artfull i appriciate that help but umm 2 questions what if i dont have a scanner and what tool is oval like show a iamge of the icon cause i cant find it only ones i found that i can use its the line tool , pencil and paint brush and that makes like crappy art

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
59768.jpg

Wasteland.

Dr.Chiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
umm what does that mean. Also pelase guy id like someone who uses this program alot and is good with it to talk to me i wanan talk to them

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
Dr.Chiz said:
Why ty artfull i appriciate that help but umm 2 questions what if i dont have a scanner and what tool is oval like show a iamge of the icon cause i cant find it only ones i found that i can use its the line tool , pencil and paint brush and that makes like crappy art

are you a native speaker of English? Do you speak another language? Spanish, French, something like that?

Dr.Chiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Yes i am , my native language is spanish so my english is not so well so can somebody helop?

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
en español

Dr.Chiz said:
Yes i am , my native language is spanish so my english is not so well so can somebody helop?

ask your question en espanol...see if somebody answers

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
beatsme said:
ask your question en espanol...see if somebody answers
That's actually a really good idea because you can be more specific and if someone answers they also can be very specific and you will understand. :cool:

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Dr.Chiz said:
Why ty artfull i appriciate that help but umm 2 questions what if i dont have a scanner
Get a scanner. Or use a digital camera. It doesn't need to be a wonderful scanner if you are just going to trace it over.

and what tool is oval like show a iamge of the icon cause i cant find it only ones i found that i can use its the line tool , pencil and paint brush and that makes like crappy art
The pencil and brush don't make crappy art, people do :D

Move your mouse pointer to the rectangle tool (one tile below the big T) and hold down the mouse button for a second or two. You will see the ellipse (oval) and a few other basic shapes. Any of the icons with a little notch in the corner will work the same way. (You could also flip through the shapes by holding down the Option key and clicking, but that won't help you very much until you learn where all the tools are located.)

Dr.Chiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
omg plase can i get real help and not abuse and ty to the person who told me about it. And i have another quesiton along with illustrtor help i cant use the pen tool to make curves good someone help with that and everything else

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Dr.Chiz said:
Bueno, Dr.Chiz y gracias por aclararnos la razón por la falta de gramatica. Como te mencioné, hay una multitud de tutoriales traducidos en español. Ya que nadie haya respondido con una respuesta concreta, mi sugerencia sería que busques por tu propia cuenta la cantidad de información que hay tras dicho links. Suerte.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
xsedrinam said:
Bueno, Dr.Chiz y gracias por aclararnos la razón por la falta de gramatica. Como te mencioné, hay una multitud de tutoriales traducidos en español. Ya que nadie haya respondido con una respuesta concreta, mi sugerencia sería que busques por tu propia cuenta la cantidad de información que hay tras dicho links. Suerte.

that was very sporting of you xsedrinam...props to you

Dr.Chiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Macromedia Flash 8

Hi guys. I am trying to learn not how to animate yet but how to Draw creatively and very well in Macromedia Flash 8. I need to do this to make my movies. So if you could help me by doing the following that would be great.
-Give me tuts
-Helpfull sites
-helpfull forums realted to topic
-people that use flash alot or good tell me here
-Any people willing to tutor me

Also ill offer 20 dollars a month to someone that wants to send me a emial every day with a lesson of things u want me to do and the check over my work and stuff if ur good and i learn fast ill up it to maybe 50 dollars a month
^^^^ thats only for people that are good at flash pro 8

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Dr.Chiz said:
Hi guys. I am trying to learn not how to animate yet but how to Draw creatively and very well in Macromedia Flash 8. I need to do this to make my movies. So if you could help me by doing the following that would be great.
-Give me tuts
-Helpfull sites
-helpfull forums realted to topic
-people that use flash alot or good tell me here
-Any people willing to tutor me

Also ill offer 20 dollars a month to someone that wants to send me a emial every day with a lesson of things u want me to do and the check over my work and stuff if ur good and i learn fast ill up it to maybe 50 dollars a month
^^^^ thats only for people that are good at flash pro 8

Hi, I use Flash 8 a lot for my cartoons and whatnot. Go to this site http://www.cartoonsmart.com and download the "free" tutorial for drawing with Flash as well as how to publish your SWF files. I say this so you will have it on your harddrive at all times for reference instead of us posting screenshots that might not answer your questions.
I will post back later tonight or in the am (had a few doctors appt. the last few days) with some help for the basics.
You can also buy his lessons as well as sign up for a newsletter (discounts on future lessons).
Hope this helps for now :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.