Adobe officially abandons Apple (like we needed them in the first place)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Cubeboy, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

please tell me this doesnt mean we get no more photoshop!!!!

2. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

am i reading what i'm reading?? no more Adobe products for macs?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo :eek:

3. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

Eh, as long as my current Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, and Premiere continues to function I'll be a'ight.

4. Das macrumors regular

Unless Apple comes out with iPhotoshop, Adobe will continue to make it for macs. They only stopped supporting macs as far as video editing (not including after effects) because Apple is pushing its Final Cut and is increasing the competition in an already small market making profits near impossible.

5. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

the Yahoo article mentioned that the packages being cut includes the Photoshop. but another one from Neowin (News.com article) makes no mention of it. Hmm..

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

no no, this doesnt mean the end of photoshop. they wrote this article pretty crappy. they are stopping premeire because of final cut pro and final cut express. i would do the same, there is no need for it in the mac market. apple needs photoshop, and i believe most of adobes photoshop market is mac, but i could be wrong. someone will know. but apple has been stepping on toes, but they are in a weird position. they step on toes because they feel the other people arent doing it right, and they make a superior product, but that pisses of the other companies and then they dont feel like supporting the little company that steps on everyone's toes.

iJon

7. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

hm...another article mentioned that Adobe will keep on supplying PS because of its large use as core program in the creative environ in mac users. and as proof, the demo of the fast PS processing in G5 demo. well, at least they keep making that one for macs. :)

8. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

You must be drunk. :rolleyes:

Apple would be doomed completely and utterly without Adobe. Get a clue, compadre.

9. medea macrumors 68030

medea

this is already posted on the front page, try searching first before posting or at least pay a little attention....

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Without Adobe, people would have no need for a Mac. Imagine what would happen if Microsoft stopped selling their products for Mac. The world runs on Office. The world runs on Adobe PhotoShop. Apple needs them to survive. Period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.