Adobe Photoshop / Creative Suite 3 on March 27th?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 21, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Betanews reports that a Merrill Lynch analyst has stated that Adobe will likely introduce their Creative Suite 3 near March 27th "with a ship date that would follow shortly afterwards".

ThinkSecret posted a similar article reporting that Adobe had ramped up the release of development builds and that a ship date could come "as early as the end of March."

2. macrumors regular

D3LM3L

Seems like a valid prediction...

and I DOUBT Leopard will be released similarly.

3. macrumors 6502

I so cannot wait :p

4. macrumors member

Glorious

This would be glorious in every single way. Having Illustrator crashing constantly and then having to wait another 3 minutes for it to start every single time has gotten quite old and quite a pain in my ass.

LETS GO CS3 WOO HOOO!

5. macrumors 65816

Why do you doubt that? My first thought was this is indicative of Leopard's release date.

6. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I can see Apple doing this...
    CS3, which requires 10.5... so... here's 10.5. and to show it off, our new Mac Pro Octo!

yup... I can see it now..

7. macrumors P6

Peace

Exactly!

Am I wrong or did I read somewhere that CS3 was optimized for Leopard?

8. macrumors regular

Maybe this will jump-start Mac Pro sales... which will maybe get Apple to release some other stuff I'm waiting for... which will maybe remove a digit from my bank account balance... which will make my cats hungry. So, in essence, CS3 will lead to a decrease in my neighborhood small rodent population. Woo hoo!

9. macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

I don't remember seeing anything about optimization for Leopard... but that would be nice.

I can't wait. I hope After Effects 8 comes out at this time too, but I may have to wait until after NAB for that one.

10. macrumors 68000

RichP

I dont think adobe would want to limit their potential customer base to those running Leopard only.

I cant wait though, intel native goodness!

11. macrumors G3

And that's why god created Freehand. ;) :p

'bout time on the CS3 front though... Adobe have REALLY dragged their arses on this one... :rolleyes:

I wish we had other viable options in the design world, rather than being held ransom by the one company. :rolleyes:

12. macrumors G3

puckhead193

i tried looking around but is their a version that includes PS, illustrator, and AE?

13. macrumors P6

Peace

Ok I'm wrong.I did say optimized not required though :)

14. macrumors 6502a

Maccus Aurelius

It's going to be good for everyone, including people who still run PPC systems. The only difference is that it will be Universal Binary which means faster app booting and much faster response times which is the big issue I have with my present Creative Suite on my macbook. I do plan on running leopard, but I can't wait to have both that and CS3 and eventually my Mac Pro. Oooooh mama.

15. macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Bring it on!!!!!:D

16. macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

Are you on G5 or MacPro

My Illustrator CS2 rarely crashes -- maybe like 4 times in a year and we use it all day long, everyday -- curious are you on a G5 or Mac Pro

17. macrumors 6502a

Maccus Aurelius

PPC apps have a higher potential of crashing on Intel macs, which isn't terribly surprising since they're all running with the aid of a translator. I run CS on my macbook and it has never ever crashed and I use it all the time. The only problem I have is that it doesn't run as quickly as it would on a powerbook. Despite being a PPC app Photoshop, Illustrator, After effects 6.5, Final Cut Pro and Aperture all run fairly smoothly on my macbook, and all have yet to ever crash.

18. macrumors newbie

This would fall in line with what a few Adobe employees hinted at at Macworld.

19. macrumors newbie

20. macrumors 68000

flyinmac

I can just see it now.

Adobe releases the long-awaited update. Apple promptly releases Leopard the following week.

Adobe's sales stall while customers report that the Adobe software won't run properly on the newly released Leopard.

Adobe goes back into development mode to release a patch that will fix the couple of minor quirks that have caused customers to hold-off on buying the new suite.

A couple of weeks later, Adobe releases said update, and everything is fine in the world again.

21. macrumors 68000

Cool, any chance of them FINALLY releasing an Intel version of Shockwave Player? It gets annoying having to run Safari in Rosetta mode every time I want to use shockwave, and it's not exactally very stable, the games I play will just freeze randomly for no reason.

22. macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

Me too. It's about time and I'm excited. I'm still using PhotoShop 7 and Illustrator 10, so this should be a nice upgrade on my new Mac Pro. :D

23. macrumors 6502a

failsafe1

I welcome the introduction of CS3. I held off on CS2 so I look forward to the performance boost.

24. macrumors P6

twoodcc

well this will make a lot of people happy. bring it on, so more people can buy new intel macs ;) :apple:

25. macrumors 65816

digitalbiker

Bring on the new Mac Pros

Alright!

This is the news I was waiting to hear. This means the new Mac Pro release is very immenent! I think it was fairly well accepted that Apple was a little reluctant to upgrade the Mac Pro until the premier industry photo suite went universal.

I have been waiting on purchasing a new Mac Pro ever since gen 1 came out last summer.