adobe photoshop cs 2 mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by truz, Jan 25, 2006.

1. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

I have a question regarding adobe photoshop cs 2. I have a license for photoshop cs2 for windows and I downloaded the tryout for mac but it seems to have the register menu locked. I have called adobe and asked them about transfering my windows version of adobe to mac and they want $40 to transfer the license and mail out new cd's but I dont want to upgrade quite yet because I heard they are putting out a new version of photoshop for mac that supports intel macs (free upgrade) I would like to get a copy of this software on cd rather then pay $40 now and another $40 later. Any ideas regarding this? Should I stick to my windows copy for now and upgrade later or can I use my current license key for windows on the mac software by registering it via tryout?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Any version of Photoshop that comes out for Intel will be a new version CS3 and I bet you a million bucks it won't be free... actually, make that a billion. ;)

3. truz thread starter macrumors 6502a

truz

well from what they say its a free upgrade for current adobe users on cs2 its just going to allow support on the intel chips. I'm sure they might put out cs3 sooner or later (hope not anytime soon as cs2 is not very old) but they are putting out an upgrade for cs2 users.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Have you got a source for that? A link?

5. truz thread starter macrumors 6502a

truz

I thought I heard something about it in the keynotes on apple.com. Steve Jobs said Adobe, Microsoft and many others were working very hard in converting everything to the intel systems and within 3 months they would have huge updates on most of the software. I would have to watch it again to tell you what he said about it.

6. truz thread starter macrumors 6502a

truz

I may be wrong tho. I just thought I heard something about it. I tried doing a search on it and people have been saying no update until cs3? I don't think they would do that seeing how a large amount of adobe users, use macs.