Adobe Photoshop CS3 beta soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dreamsINdigital, Dec 5, 2006.

1. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

Adobe has been updating their website because of the release of Adobe Reader 8.0 today, and for a brief moment, there was a download link for a beta of Photoshop CS3. It was removed shortly after, however. I wouldn't be surprised if a beta is going to be released in the next few days.

Source w/ screenshot & link:
    http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061206/photoshop-cs3-beta/

2. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

I would be SUPER-DUPER excited if it were for real!

3. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

While I would love to see this - I am betting it is bogus. "Adobe Labs" has nothing to do with them trying to become more transparent, I don't believe; I think it's just the retitled "Macromedia Labs" and came with the takeover.

The reason Lightroom became a public beta was obvious - they were more than a year away from release when Apple blindsided them with Aperture. The timing shows that much. They had to do something or the market was going to be gone before they even got in.

Since there's no serious competitor for Photoshop - or, indeed, for most of the CS suite - I expect Adobe is going to be its insular old self during what's left of its development. I'm sure there'll be a 30-day demo available upon release though, just like they've always done (and I don't want to minimize that - it's a very customer-friendly policy).

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Maybe they'll release the demo at MacWorldSF.

5. Stadsport macrumors regular

6. madyaks macrumors member

madyaks

I am still shocked that Jobs didn't let Adobe in on the Intel move so they could have everything ready for the Intel Mac launch.

7. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Well it's a year since the Intel launch and they're still not ready......