Adobe Priemere?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mjdx88, Mar 31, 2005.

1. mjdx88 macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm kind of new to Macs I have used Macs in my school for videoediting. Now that I am more in to editing i want to be able to do some at home and not have to worry about my projects being messed up in school. I have seen that Priemere 6.5 runs on Macs, does this mean i need to buy the Mac verison of the program or can I use my windows verison? I know there is final cut but i already have priemere 6.5, it sucks my computer just doesnt like it. Anyways if i can use my windows verison of priemere 6.5 does this mean i could also use preimere pro (7.0)?

2. carlos700 macrumors regular

You will need to use a Mac version of Adobe Premiere Pro.

Edit: Adobe no longer sells a Mac version of Premiere Pro. Just a Windows XP version.

3. mjdx88 thread starter macrumors newbie

what about 6.5 does that need to be mac as well? becuase i do know of some programs...well games like myst that are made for pc but run on the mac and the install is on the same disc as the win disc

4. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

If the install CD has a Mac version, then it will work; a Mac will not run Windows software, period. The exception is if you run Virtual PC for the Mac, but you drop a *lot* of performance and it's not suited to heavy graphics or sound apps.

5. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

6.5 was the last ver of premiere made for mac, it is no longer made so you might have to get it second hand. Some software companies, usualy games have both mac & pc installers on the disk, with Adobe you have to buy the Mac or PC ver, With a current app like photoshop you can buy a cross platform upgrade.

I use adobe premiere pro for work and it sucks, Final cut is much better!

6. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

why use a sub-standard program that crashes every 5 minutes when final cut is available?

7. NickFalk macrumors 6502

NickFalk

Premiere actually made a mac-user out of me.

That is: Premiere 5.1c on a Windows98 machine was so unbelievably crap compared to a Mac running FCP 2.0 I made the switch.

Not really helpfull I know, but personally I believe you will be way better of in the long run by changing to FCP sooner rather than later...

8. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

The problem is that if mjdx88 is using premiere at school, he would need it at home to work on his projects. It depends how the school wants to see his work. ie if they are happy with a finished QT movie or if they want to see the project files.

Unfortunately if the school is PC based they are going to be using premiere, and if you have a Mac you kind of stuffed as premiere is no longer available.

The funny thing i have found since being forced to use premiere pro at work, is that is is not used much in professional environment, it seem to be the tool of the Videographer making wedding video & low end corporate films. If you want to become a "pro" editor you need to know Avid or FCP