Adobe Products at Discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by DarkSilver2, Jun 22, 2004.

1. DarkSilver2 macrumors member

Jun 22, 2004
    I have found a number of websites that claim to be selling the latest Adobe software (for educational purposes) for less than the education store prices at Adobe's website. Does anyone have any experience with places such as these? If so, do you really get an equal product?
  2. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Depends on the site. There are reputable places like Apple, less well know places like Academic Superstore, smaller (but still really good IMO) places like Newegg, and some kinda shady looking places that I wouldn't trust.

In case you didn't notice, I recommend Academic Superstore and Both pretty good, decent prices, fast shipping. Any site in particular you're looking at?
  3. ToastCabbit macrumors member

Feb 21, 2004
    Centre College
    I'll second the vote for I just ordered a bunch of stuff from them which should arrive any day now....

Remember, though, that to utilize the educational pricing you have to have some way for the store to verify your eligibility. In my case, all I had to do was fax them a copy of a photo ID and my student ID. There's a list on their website that tells you all of the possible ways for them to verify you.
  4. Viet-my macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2004
    If you call some of the resellers on the adobe eduacation page many of them sell for less that the quoted prices. Theres no need to order if you just call around in your local area.
  5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    I love, they ship quickly and have great customer service.