Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XNine

macrumors 68040
Original poster
What are the best settings to create a Background/menu for DVD Studio Pro using Adobe Photoshop?

It will be NTSC. Anyone know the appropriate dimensions and dpi of the PhotoShop file?

I know this is related to Video editing but I put it in this forum because it has more to do with PS.

Thank you.

robx2

macrumors member
May 27, 2005
Easiest thing is just go into Photoshop, say new and select the NTSC DV preset. You'll even get action safe and title safe guides.

In a nutshell though, 72 dpi and 720X480 with a 0.9 aspect ratio (basically 720x540 resized to 720x480).

Rob

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
robx2 said:
Easiest thing is just go into Photoshop, say new and select the NTSC DV preset. You'll even get action safe and title safe guides.

In a nutshell though, 72 dpi and 720X480 with a 0.9 aspect ratio (basically 720x540 resized to 720x480).

Rob
Correct, but also make sure you choose the square pix one.

XNine

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Excellent, thanks guys. I'm making a DVD for my Father for Fathers day of the Avs VS. Wild game I took him to the other night. It marked the first time my father and I have ever done anything together in about 12 years I recorded the game on my ReplayTV and wanted to make an awesome menu system on it. This helps a lot. I appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.