Adobe software all of a sudden fails to launch??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macvspc, Dec 7, 2006.

1. macvspc macrumors newbie

I have a G5 running Mac OS X 10.4.8.
    Last week while trying to print a small file out of illustrator it told me it didn't have enough memory to print so I closed Illustrator, and tried to relaunch. It wouldn't launch and then none of my Adobe software would launch.
    I found out there were two corrupt legal pdf files in foreign language under both Illustrator and Photshops legal folders which I got rid of.
    After running FSCK and zapping the PRAM everything was great until yesterday out of the blue when I turned my computer on in the morning none of my Adobe software would launch. I spent the day on the phone with Adobe and went through the uninstall and installs again to no avail.
    I know the basics of the computer and how it works so I am pretty much at the end of my area of expertise.
    So I have come to the experts for advice, do you have any advice or suggestions, solutions??
    yours in desperation!:(

2. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Are you launching it from Applications, clicking on a file, or from the dock?

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does it get further if you try launching it from a different user account? :)

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Try moving the preferences out of the Preferences and Application Support folders. Since you've already done the delete and re-install of the applications, and nothing seemed to change, the associated files probably have been corrupted.