adobe software question???

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by BCS, Nov 18, 2002.

1. BCS macrumors member

I won an auction on ebay for the mac version of adobe design collection full version with bonus golive. After a month of tracking the seller down I finally recieved the software. But, it's the education version not the full as stated and there is no golive. On the front of the box it says academic ID required. Question 1) do you need an ID to use it
    2) is it upgradable?
    3) what would you do?

I've got one lonely G4 waiting for some software. Since it was so hard to get this from the seller I wouldn't expect any further resolution from them. I really hope I can use it.

Thanks as always.

2. TMJ1974 macrumors member

Good news!

That's sad the seller wasn't more honest.

You're OK though, Abobe requires ID be checked at time of sale/purchase. While the encoding of the registration numbers is different, no documentation requirements are made past point of sale. You can go ahead and register, etc Adobe's education software is upgradeable to standard versions, no problems. One "glitch" - since it is education, it is not suppose to be used for profit (ie business), hopefully that wasn't your intention.

Officially, Adobe considers the the sale of education software to non-qualified persons software piracy, but between us, you're fine ;)

Tim