Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm really excited about that ruler. I hope it's not limited to just Adobe stuff, because that could be an amazing tool.

It certainly sounds like it is intended to work alongside their cloud based apps. I would love this if not for that. We shall see.

Yield85

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2011
Could have been worse. They could have given them names like the "Adobe Hitler" or "The Stalin Stylus".

How does Napoleon end up in that category? Oh must have been when he was freeing Jewish people from ghettos and trying to set them up in their own homeland. Just like Hitler and Stalin...

I am pretty excited about these products though. Why won't they give us a date!

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
How does Napoleon end up in that category? Oh must have been when he was freeing Jewish people from ghettos and trying to set them up in their own homeland. Just like Hitler and Stalin...!

Or maybe it has less to do with jews, and more to do with when he killed millions of people, many of his own, tried and nearly succeeded carving up and taking over the world, looting, raping and pillaging whole cultures and unleashing brutal hell on millions more people, ruining the lives of unfathomable numbers of people. Americans like to think of the French as sissies, but they conveniently overlook the ruthless effectiveness of a motivated french military.

Anyway, having to use a ruler and straightedge to draw in what is billed as a vector app is an embarrassment.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I can't believe Adobe is giving up on traditional programs and going to cloud-ONLY with monthly subscriptions. This isn't for everyone. I run a very small graphics biz and just shelled out the bucks for CS6 in addition to having CS3. NOW they tell us no more support other than bug fixes unless we sign up for monthly fees?????

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, ADOBE??? :(

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I can't believe Adobe is giving up on traditional programs and going to cloud-ONLY with monthly subscriptions. This isn't for everyone. I run a very small graphics biz and just shelled out the bucks for CS6 in addition to having CS3. NOW they tell us no more support other than bug fixes unless we sign up for monthly fees?????

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, ADOBE??? :(

They are thinking ways to make more money... that's all :D

Renzatic

Suspended
I can't believe Adobe is giving up on traditional programs and going to cloud-ONLY with monthly subscriptions.

They're not giving up on traditional programs, just traditional ideas of how you own and use them.

To get on topic, this is pretty cool, but I still think it'd be better if Apple just included a digitizer built into the iPad screen. Still, this is a nice "next best thing" option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.