AdobePremiere Importing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Espnetboy3, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

ok so i have used the program cinematize to convert the pieces of the dvd i need to edit. Although when i open a new project and go to import the quicktime file it says unrecognizable format or something. its a .mov i know a few editing programs dont use mpeg such as premiere or imovie but since the .mov isnt a blanked out file meaning i can choose it to import it wont import.any help would be great or any requested forums for film editing would be of great help thanks.

2. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

So basically no one knows to much about film editing with premiere? I just dont understand why FCP and I think Avid accept .mov and .mpg files when Adobe Premiere does not. Is there a patch or something to import them?
    Any help would be great.

3. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I am not really sure what you are asking but if it helps adobe primere will take .avi files.

4. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

What version of Primiere are you using? It should import a .mov unless it's using some really wierd codec.

5. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have adobe Premiere 6.5. Its a standard quicktime mpeg from cinematize.

6. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

What codec is the .mov file using. Open the the .mov in QT & apple+i. A .mov could still be an encoded as an mpeg

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

this doesn't relate but adobe makes premiere on the mac.... :confused:
    Second, why (or at least people in my old video class) rave about premiere? How is it different then FCP or Avid?? Whats the advantanage/disadcantanage?

8. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

Premiere is currently windows only, Adobe stoped making it for Mac when FCP came out. I use Premiere Pro 1.5 at work and it is a poor copy of FCP. It does the job but is not as elegant as FCP.

9. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

No adobe premiere the newest version which is 6.5 pro i have 6.5 is made for Macs. They never stopped making it for mac. I like it because the layout and controls make more sense to me than fcp. They are all the same big dogs in the industry (avid, fcp , premiere).

10. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

I can only find Premiere Pro 1.5 & Premiere elements listed as new products on the Adobe web site. The last ver for Mac was 6.5 and was released in 2002. Personally if find FCP easier to use than Premiere, and is much more stable, but that might be because I use premiere on windows xp /dell at work. :D

Did you have any luck with the .mov files you were trying to import.?

11. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

no it is an mpeg2 stream.mpg file not a .mov(when i get info) , can i make it into a .mov and whill premiere import that. thanks