Adobe's PDF Creation Service Comes to iOS

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 29, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adobe is expanding its suite of iOS apps with CreatePDF, a universal app that takes files in a number of different formats and converts them to PDFs. This ensures that formatting and document layouts are preserved when passing them on to coworkers or clients. The app uses Adobe's online PDF creation service to do the heavy lifting.

Some apps, including the iWork apps from Apple, already include PDF export functionality, but CreatePDF accepts a wide variety of formats including several Adobe products:
    Adobe CreatePDF is available as a universal app for iPhone and iPad for $9.99 on the App Store. [iTunes]

Article Link: Adobe's PDF Creation Service Comes to iOS

2. macrumors regular

FYI, this app is not compatible with the Verizon iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.10, as it requires iOS 4.3 or later.

3. macrumors 6502a

4. macrumors 65816

lazyrighteye

$9.99 U.S. is surprising.
    Remove that first 9 and I might be inclined.

5. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A5302b)

Yeah price might be too high for a feature that should come standard with a mobile safari update.

6. macrumors 6502

You mean no one rejoiced as she said we could?

7. macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

The Readdle PDF converter seems to handle all of the formats except the proprietary Adobe ones (which I don't need anyway). Is there any other advantage this tool has over its less-expensive competitors?

8. macrumors 6502a

if it allows you to make those click-able/writable PDF's i'd be sold, they are a pain to make on illustrator or whatever program makes them, plus it would be a cheaper alternative :D

9. macrumors member

Can it make a PDF from safari, if not this app is there any out there that do?

10. macrumors demi-god

Arelunde

I imagine the fact the Vz iPhone4's iOS4.2.10 isn't good enough for this app means we can't use it on this device until iOS5 is released. As far as I can tell, there isn't any plan to go to 4.3+ between now and then (??)

11. Guest

Only those who would "rejoice" would find this at all useful, lest they see the 10 bucks as charity for a doomed company.

12. macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

There may be a way, but it's not specified on the product's website.

This can definitely be done with Readdle's PDF Creator.

Andy Ihnatko recommended Readdle PDF Creator on Episode 259 of MacBreak weekly. That was good enough for me. :)

13. macrumors 6502

thegman1234

14. macrumors newbie

15. macrumors regular

AmpSkillz

Adobe's app works on all iOS devices, unlike Readdle's app