Adobe's Photoshop Touch Now Available for iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 26, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

Adobe today announced the release of its Photoshop Touch application for the iPhone. Photoshop Touch is the mobile version of Adobe's well-known Photoshop software, designed to bring core Photoshop capabilities to iOS. Previously, the app was only available for the iPad.

Rather than making the iPad app universal, Adobe is offering Photoshop Touch for the iPhone for $4.99. It includes the same features found in the iPad version of the app, including layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters. The app also comes bundled with access to Adobe Creative Cloud and 2GB of free storage.

Adobe Photoshop Touch for the iPhone can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Adobe's Photoshop Touch Now Available for iPhone
  2. macrumors 6502

Apr 26, 2011
    aaaand I just paid $9.99 for the iPad last night and I thought, man I wish I had this on the iPhone instead.
  3. macrumors member

Feb 11, 2010
  4. macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2007
    "Armpit of the South"
    I am sure that some will disagree, but this seems like a pretty blatant money grab. Why not make it universal??? :confused:
  5. macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Oct 29, 2006
    WTH? This isn't universal? Seriously, this is f&&ked up!!
  6. macrumors 6502

Nov 4, 2012
    Too late. I searched for a real photo editor last month, and adobe had none for the iPhone, while their supposedly photo retouching apps were just useless toys. I found ArtStudio and bought it, because it has most features from a real photoshop.

I'm not going to give this "photoshop touch" a try, because Adobe is doing useless stuff now, and ArtStudio provides all I need
  7. macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2012
    Isn't it better on the ipad ? More space? And this SHOULD BE UNIVERSAL
  8. macrumors regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Five dollars for Photoshop (touch) doesn't sound very greedy to me.
  9. macrumors 6502

Dec 29, 2011
    Irvine, CA, USA
    $15 for iPhone+iPad mobile versions are not that bad considering that the PC or Mac version costs over $700.
  10. macrumors 6502

Jun 3, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Just grabbed it for iPhone. Pretty useful tools. I can dig it
  11. macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2008
    Not even close to the same thing...
  12. macrumors 6502

Jun 7, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is there at least a healing brush tool to zap zits on the go?
  13. Guest

Dec 7, 2010
  14. pimentoLoaf, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013

macrumors 68000

Dec 30, 2001
    The SimCity Deli
    Downloading now.

Amazing: a $700+ program (more or less) in the palm of my hand. Wow! :cool:

Update: not quite the $700 program. Not quite the $100 Photoshop Elements. Still, it's better than some of the other things I've used on either the iPhone or iPad over the years. $5 is a good price.
  15. macrumors 6502a

Jul 9, 2008
    True. Hence not even close to the same price.
  16. macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oct 31, 2009
    Near Dallas, Texas, USA
    Adobe said they wanted to take the iPhone and iPad versions in different directions. I guess they have two teams working on them separately? Takes half the space of the iPad version anyway.
  17. macrumors member

Sep 21, 2007
    I already have bought the Snapseed and iPhoto App for iPad/iPhone. If Adobe would have made this an universal App, I would have even paid $9.99 for the iPad App for the rare occasions where PhotoShop would come in handy.

But you can hardly do serious photo retouching on an iPhone, so this iPhone app should be a "bonus" for buying the iPad app instead of spending another $4.99...

So I would suggest to get the free universal Snapseed App for good and quick retouching on the road and maybe add the universal iPhoto app for $4.99 instead of forking that money over to Adobe under the current pricing scheme...
  18. macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2011
    Not compatible with iPhone 4 BEWARE!

It's started - soon the 4 will be limited :mad:
  19. macrumors member

Sep 21, 2007
    Just look how quickly the iPad 1 got limited, even by Apple! :mad:
  20. macrumors 68020

Nov 22, 2011
    East Coast USA
    Does the App Store really need another photo editing app?
  21. macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    How many torch apps are there? Why should photo editing be different?
  22. macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2003
    Oh the trauma $5 in software causes us these days :rolleyes: It's not like they promised a free iPhone update for people who bought the iPad version- now that would've been a little rude. Perhaps we should be happy they don't force the dev costs of the iPhone version by charging $15 for people ony interested in the iPad one.
  23. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

Jul 16, 2002
    I can't get all that worked up about forking over another $5. It's a great app and if we as iOS users want companies to develop decent software we gotta stop trying to freeload or have unreasonable expectations. It cost Adobe $ to downsize the app to the iPhone, so we should expect it to want to recoup and profit from that endeavor. $5 is not unreasonable given the power of of PS Touch and it's competition.

For those of you in the U.S. iTunes cards go on sale all the time, usually 20% off. If you are smart enough to stock up then it's only a $4 app -- a gallon of gas is more expensive, and that's only good for 20-30 miles.

The marketplace will let us know, but I suspect PS Touch will be in the top 10 to 20 shortly, so, I guess the answer is yes.
  24. macrumors regular

Jun 27, 2008

more WAY LESS than more...
  25. macrumors 68030

Oct 31, 2007
    London, UK
    While the lack of universality is annoying, it is a good app - I really like Snapseed, but having things like text tools and layers is incredibly useful.