Adrenaline Rush

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rajj, Aug 12, 2002.

?

What is the fastes you ever drove a vehicle?

1. <= 137 kph (85 mph)

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. <= 160 kph (100 mph)

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. <= 193 kph (120 mph)

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  4. <= 225 kph (140 mph)

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

What is the fastes you ever drove a vehicle?
    And what type of vehicle?

I drove a BMW M5 251 Kph (156Mph :p

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

3. job macrumors 68040

job

About 60mph, from my house to my local Krogers. :p

In all honesty, I never really had a need for speed. You can't go very fast with a 1600cc, 4 cylinder VW Beetle..... :)

4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I cant drive....

But my friends dad races a Dodge Viper 2001 ACR edition. Its FAST.

I mean, we were going 148MPH on the track in Willow Springs

5. vniow macrumors G4

Okay seriously, these need to stop. I'm gonna lose my vote!

6. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

We're all getting impatient now that Powermacs are coming soon, it's like when everyone was tearing at each other's throats before MWNY, we need to pass the time somehow.

7. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

If you don't like em' don't vote or visit:p

8. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Probably about 150 - 200mph in a 2 seater F1 car, that was cool.

I don't drive road cars but I do drive track carts so with them it is no more that 90.

Ensign

9. iGav macrumors G3

I've not been above 140MPH on a road........ and personally although quite a rapid driver, I'm not a lunatic behind the wheel anyway's there's too much traffic on UK roads to really hammer it....... Apart from the Drag Strip called the M69, normally almost totally empty, and 20 miles of 3 lane love tarmac.........

The fastest accelerating car I have been in was a Metro 6R4 Rallycross, 0-60 in about 1.5 seconds the ton in 3, quicker from 0 to 100 to 0 than an F1 car, and that was at Brands Hatch in the early 90's..........

Been in a couple of Ferrari's although never at high speed, buy would love to get my mitts on the new Ferrari 'Enzo' that looks abit tasty..... :D

*RANT*
    The one thing that does bug me is the UK speed limits...... 70 MPH on a motorway..... personally I think they should consider 85MPH and ban lorries to the inside lane only, along with bleeding caravans as well...... Also they should allow undertaking, middle lane sitters....... doing 65 when there's a perfectly good and empty inside lane really get on my t*ts....... :mad: :p
    *END RANT*

10. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

While I was driving 200Kph (125Mph)
    While I was being co-driver 270Kph (170Mph)
    Fastest acceleration in a Lotus Elise Racing, don't know the time, but damn fast

My car (Skoda Fabia 1900 TDI) also has a good accelaration: 10 secs flat to 100 Kph.
    Also hate those lame ol' folks that block the road.
    They should be banned. :D

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I just about nearly topped out my old Celica at about 122 mph while I still had it...

I had a V6 Camry after that I never got past 105 mph...

I have been in a Corvette at one time where we were doing about 140 mph...kinda scary...but yes a rush! :D

and no I haven't taken my Matrix past 90 mph yet...I don't want a ticket... ;)

12. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    148 in my old porsche...officially certified by the texas hiway patrol...

175+ in a Ruff twin turbo porsche

but being clocked at 56mph on my mountain bike while downhilling at lake tahoe was the best...screaming along on a washboard dirt road..praying that my chain, which had bounced off at around 40, didn't lock anything up and send me airborne...

that was truly scary:D so we did it twice.....

13. job macrumors 68040

job

You have not lived until you've done something like that. ;) :D

14. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: 56 mph on a mountain bike

YIKES!!! :eek: :D

that's wild! the fastest I've seen myself on a bike of recent is 21 mph...and not for long either...and of course on a level plain...

that's awesome man...so I take it u are a hardcore biker?? ;)

15. ponyboy macrumors regular

16. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i have gone 90 mph going downhill in my datsun 610 as a teen and 85 in my nissan maxima in my 20s and 72 in my volvo sw in my 30s...see a trend here?

i have been on the recieving end of a 100-110 mph tennis serve coming from a world class female tennis player...angle and spin... and that was truly the most awesome speed experience i have ever had...plus she was very cute, too

17. dnte42 macrumors regular

Sadly, 90ish is my personal best. But, hey, let's face it, a 4 cylinder '95 Saturn has very little power above 45 mph. As a passenger my friend and I discovered his Firebird's governor at around 115 (on crappy Michigan highways, that was fun...not as fast as it could have been, but with potholes bouncing you around, it is more interesting).

18. iGav macrumors G3

I've never really truely experienced that kind of down hill speed on a mountain bike.... must be pretty intense.......

What gearing was you using?? monster ratio's?? or was it called gravity??

19. dnte42 macrumors regular

Not bad at all. As far as I can figure, the best I have done is 30-35 on my road bike...again on high-quality Michigan roads. Fun stuff. Especially when that sudden gust of wind almost pushes you into the ditch by the side of the road. Those bikes are almost too light, but so much fun.:)

20. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    Re: re: 56 mph on a mountain bike

used to be pretty hardcore..though i think i had more enthusiasm than skill:)
    now that i'm married and a father i'd never do that kind of crazy stuff again but man it was fun at the time. if you ever bike in tahoe, theres an old road outside of camp richardson that goes way up to a small lake. you can only get to it by bike or by foot...relax, swim then head downhill and hang-on because it is seriously bumpy...your arms and hands "buzz" for about an hour because of the beating they take.

nowadays, if i need a speed fix, me and my buddies go to one of the local kart tracks and rent/race go karts. 75mph one inch off the ground is as good as 140 in a porsche..and a heck of a lot safer. i'm now one of those slow drivers that everyone passes on the freeway...after i saw the aftermath of a friend who rolled his car and was thrown from it...nothing like seeing someone you know laying in the middle of the road...i realized it could have easily been me...speed has no place on the street.

just 2 cents i felt needed to be added to this thread.

21. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

22. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: re: 56 mph on a mountain bike

I know exactly how u feel...I was in a car accident 3 years ago...never knew a frontend impact could cause over $10k in damages...not my fault..but almost got killed...

I respect my vehicles & am definitely defensive in my ways now... ;)

23. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

What year beetle do you have? you should post pics... love those old vintage bugs. First car was a 1977 beetle. Loved it. :)

I've gone 120mph of i-90 on my way to visit this girl who i still refer to as "the cutest girl in the world ever". She lives in albany. ahhh. if only she lived in pgh.

Anyway, I blew past a cop and saw him at the last second. I waved. he never even tried. I guess he figured "if he's ballsy enough for that...."

was a great trip. Still sticks with me

24. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

130 mph in a 1980 Ford Mustang Turbo with an 85 mph speedometer. I calculated the speeds from various information given in car magazines at the time. Of course, this paled in comparison to the hill-hopping where we found the highest hills and launched the car into the air. At 75 mph, the car went sideways a little and we slowed back down to 70. :D

Alternately, I've done 110 mph in a 1990 VW Corrado with the snow all about and 45 on a 10 speed touring bike during a drag race and 40 on skates during relay practise.

25. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

as co-pilot

windy road
    Nissan Xterra
    s*it your pants fun ;)