ADSL Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jrober, Oct 24, 2004.

1. jrober macrumors regular

jrober

Folks,

My broadband at home is not behaving properly. Intermittently you get the green connection light on - AOK then you get it flashing to show no connection.

Whe have checked the lines in the house and the microfilters. Is there a good adsl troubleshooting site or can you advise what to check.
    FYI It is a 512k connection USB broadband modem connected via BT to Pipex in the UK.

John

2. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I think it would be best to contact your ISP and ask them if your DSL is 100% go and your local exchange is up and running too.

3. Gee macrumors 65816

I'd call pipex and see what they have to say. It may be your modem playing up, or it might be something at their end. There's a pretty good site about broadband in the UK here that you could check - they have a bulletin board and might be able to help.

4. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i have pipex and i have been using it for about a month now and i have found it to be very good apart from today when i have had periods when i havent been able to connect to sites but only for like 10 mins. have you tried all the usual dissconnecting the modem restarting etc?