advantages of Jailbreaking my iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Maverick713, Feb 11, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

I'm really curious about the advantages to jailbreaking my iPad 2, keep in mind that it is a WiFi only and I did jailbreak my IP4S for free tethering. If there is something I am missing that will make me think holy ***** why doesn't apple do this, like for instance is something like siri available in cydia?

Thanks in advance for your input.

2. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

People jailbreak mainly for: Endless customizations & apps/services that aren't Apple approved. If this sounds like you then go for it :)

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

right that I understand, but is there one glaring thing left off by :apple: that I can add via the cydia store?

4. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well, is there anything you yearn to do on your iPad, but can't?

5. Moderator

Agent-P

Staff Member

My iPad is currently jailbroken, but it's really only for a couple of small tweaks (I'm not really big on the whole "super customising the look" thing). The main ones being stuff like f.lux and FolderCloser. In fact, I've downloaded so few things from Cydia, I'll list them all right here:

f.lux
    FolderCloser
    FullForce
    RetinaPad
    SBSettings
    ShowCase
    SplitMail

If any of those strike your fancy, then you'll need to jailbreak to get these few features. For me it was worth it for these few enhancements.

6. macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

My main reasons are RetinaPad and playing videos from an sd card but there are countless other reasons to jailbreak.