Advertising

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by insidesource, Jan 29, 2002.

?

Do you want to see more Apple advertising?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't mind

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. insidesource macrumors member

I think Apple's are something where if you see one you point it out or comment on, but I wish that Apple would speak up a little bit more or have something really spectacular and unexpected to make up for lost time.

Any other opinions?

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

They don't come more spectacular than the iMac...

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Here in Japan, theres a ton of ads on the Mac magazines and stuff, but not much.. or should I say almost no ads in public places.

Apple's got to realize somethin... THERES NO POINT ADVERTISING TO MAC USERS WHO ARE ALWAYS READY TO TAKE WHATEVER APPLE GIVES THEM!!!

irmongoose

4. Six macrumors regular

Yeah, I hate to say it, but Apple is still kinda lacking on advertising... Dell has like a million commercials with that dumb@$$ always stoned teenage guy named steve. (wheres my gun?) just kiddin ;) but those commercials are annoying.. Apples getting a good start with retail stores, which are great advertising, because you can just walk in and play with stuff! The best way to see the beauty of a new iMac is in person! But for those of us stuck in places like.....Cedar Rapids, Iowa for one, we dont have an Apple store anywhere near us.. I wanna see more TV ads. The iPod one is run occasionally, and the iDVD one is sometimes, but I wanna see more! :)

5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Commercials

I would love to see apple advertise more! They should do a commecrial for the new iMac and the faster G4's! As for the Dell kid I would love to have him wear a shirt that says "Dude your entering Hell!" and on the back it would say "Buy a Mac"
    Dell kid u screwed Dell!

Not all who wander are lost.

6. insidesource thread starter macrumors member

Sydney Oylimpics

During the Sydney 200 Oylimpics (Yeah, we got it, heh heh) Apple advertised on Bus stops and all in sync with the Aussie Oylimpics.

ei:

Ad header was

a pic of the sage iMac

under that was
    and gold

green and gold, aussie

7. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I would love to see the ad of the iMac dancing (the one they show in the stores - I think there's a QT of it on the Apple site) play during the Superbowl... what better way to reach the consumer audience?

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I personally like their print ads....simple....forward....

I don't care too much for their tv spots though....esp. the ones with Jeff Goldblum....

9. j763 macrumors 6502a

wow 3 ppl from vic, aust.

wow 3ppl (inc me :) ) from melbourne

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Australia...

I haven't really made it out of this country, except for a 4 day weekend in Cancun, Mexico. Europe & Australia are 2 places I badly want to visit....

have any of u guys from other countries made it out to the U.S. for vacation and anything else?

11. insidesource thread starter macrumors member

Re: Australia...

I went to New York for MacWorld

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he....

New York's another place I haven't been yet either ;)

13. shergar macrumors member

eyelikeart, you really do need to get away from that screen and take a long vacation somewhere...

btw have spent a lot of time in the States, mainly in the south west... just love those mountains...

14. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

A few years ago I went to NYC, Orlando (DisneyWorld), Las Vegas, and LA. Then I went to NYC again... came back 1 day before Sept. 11.

I (Apple logo) NY.

irmongoose

15. Mood Indigo macrumors newbie

I am in total agreement: Apple doesn't advertise enough to "Joe Consumer." You see tons of great ads in Mac publications, but that is just preaching to the choir. When Microsoft was releasing XP, was there anyone who didn't know it? Every time I turned on the TV, there was Madonna singing and people flying. :rolleyes: And I do mean EVERY time. And when I get Parade magazine each Sunday with my local paper, there is always a Dell ad in it. Why isn't Apple there?

I think there are a lot of people--first-time computer buyers, for example--who don't even know that Apple is a viable alternative to the Wintel juggernaut! And walking into a CompUSA, they still may not find out any differently. With its new hardware (larger iBook, new iMac, new G4s) Apple needs to let people know that they're there and why the Mac user experience is better than that of Windows. I certainly don't mind telling other people about Macs, and we all know that can bring new people to the fold, but I don't believe it's really my job! It's Apple's, and they could be doing a far better job with it.

16. Gianrico macrumors member

In Italy the advertising is absent except some pages on the Macworld and Applicando journal.

17. networkman macrumors regular

make the advertising showing more of what a mac can do for you

18. awulf macrumors 6502

The Last time I saw advertisment by Apple (in Adelaide, Australia) was on TV a few years ago

19. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

i havent seen an apple ad since november 2001 here in CA USA.

im surprised there arent any imac2 ads.

20. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

yeah, apple...where are those imac2 ads?!? and if they are out there, make more so more of us can see them

21. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

I would love to see them on the DC subway, tons of people ride that thing and stupid sony has their adds all over. What a waste of ink....

22. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

DC.....aaahhhh....

how I long to be back there :p

23. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

Don't want to come here unless you like jersey barriers :(

24. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

DC (off subject)

last year my girlfriend spent her last semester of college at American University and I flew up to see her twice (the first time for 9 days, the second for an extended weekend). I didn't know what to expect....but I'll tell u that I fell in love with the city! DC has so much history, so much to see & do....lots of great restaurants....killer night life!! One could spend an entire week alone at the Smithsonian...

I've lived in New Orleans all my life....and while it has it's good and bad points....DC shared all of the good points without the bad from here. It's been nearly a year since I was there and I can not wait to go back. Out of all the places I've visited in this country, DC was by far at the top of the list. I know it sounds corny, but I prefer the methods of public transportation (the Metro is so damned cool!) over having to drive everywhere. I wouldn't dare use the public transportation here.

whfsdude, which part of time do u reside anyway?

25. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

I live on Capitol Hill, it's sorta nice here but they have this rule that they can't dig up the streets so you know, no cable :( Metro around here is cool, I take it to and from school everyday, I can wear head-phones and flash a cd player and I won't get mugged. I have taken the train to school for about 4 oor 5 years and I love it. My dad did some work for American University, he also has a press pass so we can go watch the 4th of july fireworks from the whitehouse lawn. I hope you get to come to DC again soon, I can give you a list of places that are very nice, but that not many people know about. Btw, Cherry Blosims are aready blooming :)