Advice about creating a website(s) with a .Mac Account - Newbie

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by HelixOmnimedia, Mar 4, 2007.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

Jul 26, 2006
    Traveling The World

I need some advice about creating a website with a .Mac Account.

The Situation
    For my media course we need to create a short film, then brand it, and distribute it along with press releases and press packs. No other group have thought about setting up a website - where it has all the company details, info about the Cast, Crew, Film, and maybe a link to the finished product.

The Problem.
    I'm the only one who has an Apple Laptop. We don't want to use the computer at the university as A LOT of students use them and every month or so they're given a clean install.

I've designed my own 'virtual series' website to showcase my screen writing work, but I haven't uploaded it. I was waiting until I finish university in the summer before I activated my 1 year .Mac Account. I have a .Mac Account, which has still got to be activated.

How do i got about creating my 'video production' site, if I've already got my own created and sitting in iWeb?
    How could I just 'launch/upload' my 'video production' site without putting my own up as well.
    Should we buy a separate .Mac Account?

Oh, and what would the address be?

THANKS for any and all help.
  2. andy89 macrumors 6502

May 22, 2005
    Folkestone, England
    I think if your going to make a 'real' site, you will need proper hosting. Such as Dreamhost.

Other than that, I'm not really sure what you mean:confused:
  3. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

Feb 20, 2007
    North Dakota
    Do your mean you want to work on two websites at the same time in iWeb?
  4. munchmime macrumors member

Nov 14, 2003
    Try this?

If you need to put 2 websites up I have found that this is pretty useful. I can't say the super ultimate greatest, but worth a try for you atleast:

this will get 2 sites up and running on one .mac account

I hope that helps.