Advice for an Ultrabook

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by DashGlobal, Oct 7, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I am in need of a new laptop.

Would like to get a solid ultrabook but not break the bank.

Anyone have any experience with the Lenovo IdeaPad U410?

How is that compared to a standard MBP 13' and a MBA performance and price wise?

2. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

4. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well it seems to be fairly glowing reviews, with the only downside being the weight of the device.

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/2994/lenovo-ideapad-u410-review-affordable-and-powerful-ultrabook

But same comment as above applies

"Do you want a Mac or PC ? If you want a cheap PC ultra book then it ticks the bill, but if you want OSX then it clearly doesn't."

For the price an i7 & 8GB of ram is hard to argue with.

The only thing I would say is that if you can wait a few weeks would you not wait and see if when they stick Windows 8 on these devices if they will stick a touch panel in there for a similar pricing, and then even if your not interested in Windows 8, the pricing of the older Windows 7 devices may be reduced in stores and online...

5. macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

You're comparing an Ultrabook to the MBP, are you looking specifically for an Ultrabook, or any kind of Notebook?

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Looking for a sleek slim high performance laptop that is nicely priced.

I realize the MBP13 really isnt a ultrabook but I am also considering that as well.

Comparing specs & price ect