advice for geting repair at apple store?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrweirdo, Oct 2, 2006.

1. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

Nov 21, 2005
    Hey I'm going to be taking my week 23 macbook i got sometime late june to the apple store so I can get it repaired by having its logic board and heatsink replaced because it has developed the random shutdown issue. I have no idea how i should take it in. Dont i need to make some sort of apointment with the genius bar? also should i take it in with the origonal packagaging? or do all i need is the macbook itself? how bout power adapter? Advice needed thanks :)

Hopefully this can serve as a good guid for others with the same problem looking to get their macbooks fixed as well.
  2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Yes, make an appointment at the genuis bar. You can do so here:

No need for original packaging, you'd never get it back anyway.

I'd take pics of your baby in case they damage it while fixing. Have seen quite a few threads stating Apple damaged it during repair.
  3. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    They can always say that those pics are taken way before your Macbook was sent down for servicing. Do you need to get them to initial on prints to get them to certify that they indeed receive your laptop in the condition as shown in those pictures?
  4. mrweirdo thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 21, 2005
    Thats actualy quite a good idea which I have allready thought about doing myself. I'm thinking I'll do it with the date function enabled so it prints the in the corner of the photos.