advice: inkjet printable DVD-R

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jack Chandler, May 11, 2005.

1. jack Chandler macrumors newbie

Recommend an inkjet printable DVD-R that is compatible with G5 Desktop: Dual 2GHz, 2.5GB.

White printing surface---prints to center hole.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

I use imation dvd-r and cdr almost exclusively. They have a white inkjet printable product

3. jack Chandler thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac compatible DVD-R

Thanks Canada.

Any Mac people out there using Prodisc, Ritek, Taiyo Yuden, or Verbatim, TDK, HP, etc, etc.

I have found some good deals on the first 3 (Rima). Any other info is welcome!!!

4. supersize macrumors member

I use Verbatum cd-r and dvd-r's all the time and have never had a problem with them at all. The Best place I've found to get inkjet hub-printable dvd-r's is Amazon.com I think I paid $38 for 50.

5. freiheit macrumors 6502a

I can't speak for the inkjet printability, but my Ritek Ridata G05 (8X DVD-R) discs work nicely in OSX 10.3 under Toast Titanium 6.0.7 and iDVD 4. I do believe they have hub-printable versions of these -- I got mine at meritline.com

6. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

7. jack Chandler thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, www.supermediastore.com I use the Verbatium for printing, I can send a picture of one it's just from my old stock (non-hub printable) just ordered some hub printable from them. I also have tried the sample pack just to see the color diff. of the whites they offer. There is a diff. in the whites and they will also take the dvds back if you have problems, i.e. bad burns, bad print quality or not what you wanted. Also goood prices (see rebates with them also). :D

9. ScottN macrumors newbie

I've always bought Ritek grade A G-04 and 05 - with a very dark purple dye.

Absolute quality disks - never a coaster - and the inkjet printing on them is superb.

10. freiheit macrumors 6502a

Yes, full coverage or full face would definitely seem to indicate they print to the hub.