Advice (Macmall MacBook purchase)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by andpeo23, Feb 26, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I just bought a macbook (it hasn't even arrived yet) from Macmall.com. My local Apple store told me they will upgrade me to the new macbook. Here's the catch, I will lose the $75 rebate from Macmall.com plus I have to drive about 2 hrs round trip to get to the Apple store. Do you think the new macbook is worth the $75 and the drive? I currently have on the way a macbook with 2.2ghz processor, 120gb hdd, 1 gb ram. Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

What are the specifications on the one that the Apple store is planning on upgrading you to?

3. macrumors regular

durant0s

You will be losing .1 ghz because I'm assuming they will swap it out with the base model macbook and not the midrange one. I guess if you really like the multitouch trackpad make the swtich. If they are offering to give you the midrange macbook in a swap, then do that in a heartbeat on spec advantage alone.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

2.4ghz, 160gb hdd, 2gb ram...

is the processor in the new macbook upgraded? or is it just the speed? thanks.

5. macrumors 65816

Batt

Not on the MacBook, only MBP.

6. macrumors member

upgraded to penryn processor and its scrolling touchpad, not multi-touchpad which is avail only in MBP.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

is the new penryn processor a big upgrade?