Advice needed about apple ad i made

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by liketom, Apr 8, 2004.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

hi all first post and all , i have only had my mac for about 8 months now and i wish i switched sooner..anyway this afternoon in my boredom of waiting for the new powermacs i made myself a little apple advert which i think is kinda cool , my question is it is riddled with copyrights issues can i upload it to my web space and let people see what i have made or not? i have put a dissclaimer on the end saying nothing at all to do with apple .

just for fun

tom
    :)

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

yeah, you can definitely upload it and share... i don't know if there's any legal issues at all, but even if there are, they aren't going to come after you. there have been tons of switch ad spoofs and they have even gotten a lot of press, but never had any legal problems...

it's not like you're making money off it, or selling a product with it or whatever... so yeah, share it! curious to see what it is

3. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

COOL i will upload it to my site and drop the link here

everyone will prob think it's crap but i like it

tom

4. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

ok here it is

right compressed the bejesus out of it but got it real small

www.liketom.co.uk and right click apple icon and save as

hope you lot like it ....be gentle newbie and all at this

ta

tom

5. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I've been thinking about a potential advertisement for Apple. I think it should start by framing a screen. A narration (hopefully by some respectable celebrity) should go through many of the common misconceptions about Macs. At the same time you can show it on the screen of the computer. The relevant icon or text lists on the right as it goes. Office, internet, built-in this or that. This is sort of boring but a really quick and efficient way to tackle, what I think, is the biggest problem with the switcher ads. However, at the end you can have whoever is narrating say something about how it is really easy to be creative, and "I made this whole commercial on my mac" and zoom out to show that the whole time you've been looking at the screen in iMovie and whatever celebrity sitting there running it.