Advice needed on macbook purchace

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Quboid, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Quboid macrumors 6502

I need some urgent advice on the purchase of a macboook. I already sold my iBook, but i didn't do the conversions right (sending money to the US via moneygram and western union is a bit more than i thought). So now i am stuck.....
    I in not in the US so if i have to order it would be from an international merchant. Does anyone know off an international merchant that i can get a macbook core duo from at a reasonable price?

(my main problem is that my credit card is international, so if i can buy and ship to a relative in the US that would be good...... I already exhausted amazon)

2. Quboid thread starter macrumors 6502

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

The refurbs seem a bit overpriced as a CD blackbook costs $999 on Apple but I know you said you aren't in the US..Maybe try to find the Apple site for the country you are in right now. The refurbs should be updated in a few hours.

4. redmeister macrumors 6502

you said you have relatives in the US.. why not just paypal them the money and have them buy it for you? or etf (electronic funds transfer from bank to bank?) i know you said western union was expensive.. but i think this would be one of the easiest ways to do it?