Advice on a PowerMac Purchase (With 3-Pronged Question)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Spike Spiegel, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

Okay, It's about time I upgraded to a G5, what with Lightwave demands and WoW FPS. I was wondering, how good do people consider Apple's monthly payment plan for computer purchases. The interest is a bit high, but it would definitely make the payments doable, as opposed to one lump sum. Also, is the Geforce 6800 Ultra DDL worth the additional $450 over the ATI 9650.(and what happened to the 9800 for that matter, I thought that was BTO for a bit). Those questions aside, I was thinking of getting a dual 2.7, possiblu with a new monitor, I can't decide if upgrading from my dowdy looking 17inch to a new 20 would be totally worth it either. I would appreciate any feedback.

2. edwardk9 macrumors member

edwardk9

When I purchased a mac about 2 years ago they were with Washington Mutual and they had no interest for 1 year. It really helped. I payed it off within 7 months and was good to go.

They are very good about working with you on payments and what not. Of course, that was WAMU i think they are with Juniper or Jupiter something like that now...

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

You can get a line of credit from your banks and they charge a lower interest rate, usually 1% plus prime. Or you can take advantage of third party reseller credit programs that offer 1 year no-interest. Just be sure you pay off the full amount within the year or you get charged interest from start of purchase.

4. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Or put the money aside that you would make towards computer payments and when you have put aside enough to get the then top-o-the-line Mac, get it. You spend less and get more.