Advice on a sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by triple-tap, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

I know that there are lots of old threads on this topic, but given that new stuff comes out all the time... I wanted to make a new thread.

I am looking for a sleeve for my new MBA. I do not want to have a zipper of any kind on the compartment holding the air (other small pockets are ok). I also would prefer a vertical type case due to the macbook being in a backpack for the next few months, but I am open to vert. or horiz. if the case is otherwise a "home run."

I am also looking to keep with the MBA thin, elegant profile.

I bought the THULE Gauntlet 2.0 sleeve, and I really don't like it. I returned it to the apple store tonight and bought apple care instead.

So any recommendations?

I have seen the waterfield designs, but feel that their cases aren't worth the $80-100 premium. I think I'd rather go with a nice leather case for that amount of money. Idk.

Thanks in advance.

2. AXs
    macrumors 6502a

AXs

there is an entire thread for this in the first page

3. thread starter macrumors regular

see post #1.

4. macrumors regular

luisito

See post #2

5. macrumors 601

Am into function and had specific requirements when I bough my Waterfield. The fact that WaterField let me customize it won me over and I spent $65+tax. Is a stiff sleeve made out of thick ballistic nylon outer with a felt liner inner. Feels sturdy enough to carry stand alone or inside my backpack. If I saw one cheaper I would have gone for it but there was none other that fit my requirement,

6. macrumors 6502

7. macrumors newbie

8. macrumors 6502

9. macrumors regular

You really should consider Waterfield, the construction, fit and finish is great. If I were to buy a new bag now they would get first consideration

10. macrumors newbie

This is the sleeve I'm drooling over at the moment. Just bought the Booq Mamba (which is great but doesn't meet your requirment of no zipper) two weeks ago though so I won't be buying a new sleeve anytime soon.

11. macrumors 6502

12. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.