Advice on Apple Displays

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jaw04005, Feb 3, 2004.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Im in the market to purchase a new display to use with my Powerbook 12". I was looking at the Apple 17" and the Apple 20" displays, should I wait... I know the displays are not updated often but I just have a gut feeling its time to do something with them... maybe make them aluminum. Apple display owners, how do you feel about the ADC connector? Good? Bad? I'm assuming I would have to purchase some time of conversion device since my Pbook is mini-dvi. Thanks!
  2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    Apple displays are fantastic. I would stay away from the 17", just because there are so many better values on the market. To connect an ADC display to your PB, you need a DVI to ADC adaptor from Apple. Costs $99 :(. Perhaps you should look into non-Apple DVI displays, because that extra $100 tacked onto an already expensive display is a little hard to stomach.
  3. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ
    Re: Advice on Apple Displays

We expect updates soon to follow the G5 form factor...

I would wait as I also imagine we may seen improvements in the screen like viewable angle and prices...