Advice on Apple Displays

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jaw04005, Feb 3, 2004.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Im in the market to purchase a new display to use with my Powerbook 12". I was looking at the Apple 17" and the Apple 20" displays, should I wait... I know the displays are not updated often but I just have a gut feeling its time to do something with them... maybe make them aluminum. Apple display owners, how do you feel about the ADC connector? Good? Bad? I'm assuming I would have to purchase some time of conversion device since my Pbook is mini-dvi. Thanks!

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Apple displays are fantastic. I would stay away from the 17", just because there are so many better values on the market. To connect an ADC display to your PB, you need a DVI to ADC adaptor from Apple. Costs $99 :(. Perhaps you should look into non-Apple DVI displays, because that extra $100 tacked onto an already expensive display is a little hard to stomach.

3. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Re: Advice on Apple Displays

We expect updates soon to follow the G5 form factor...

I would wait as I also imagine we may seen improvements in the screen like viewable angle and prices...