Advice on getting a screen replacement

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jihad the movie, Apr 10, 2006.

1. jihad the movie macrumors regular

Jun 18, 2003
    Smugtown, NY
    I have a 12" PowerBook 1.5ghz with many screen anomalies, PB 15" Whitespots, pixels that don't turn completely black, spots that show up as light green when over dark backgrounds, three very bright white spots, two within an eighth inch of another, and a dark band on the lower 2" of the screen and very bright corners. At the Apple Store in Eastview, they said my problems were not effecting "normal" usage, and were common among LCDs. I call BS. I highly doubt that the anomalies I am experiencing are "Normal", especially considering I am experiencing so many, most of which are 1-2 inches from each other. Since the Apple Store has been uncooperative, what is the best way to get ahold of Apple to address my problem and repair my screen since it IS in warranty? Could an Apple Certified Service Provider replace my screen under warranty, free of charge? any advice would be greatly appreciated, because this is becoming unbearable the more and more I use my Powerbook for work.

Thanks in advance.
  2. exeterbohemian macrumors regular

Jan 10, 2006
    while the apple store may not have been all that helpful, i would recommend calling up applecare and explaining the issue to them. in my experience they tend to be much more sympathetic. as in they'll probably have you send the computer in and replace the screen entirely free of charge.