I am currently the owner of a Wallstreet 233 Powerbook, which cost me a large chunk of my lamentably small salary. Nowadays it's just not cutting it at all, particularly where video (DivX and lack of DVD) is concerned. But I still don't have much cash, and decided to wait for a computer that was at least three times as good as what I had. Well, here I am, the TiBook is too large for my tastes and too expensive for my pocketbook. I was hoping they would boost the speed of the iBooks to 700mHz at MWSF - but no luck. The 12" combo model is so close to what I want, but I have severe doubts about whether the processing and graphics power are going to cut it for my needs in the near future (as this will be my only computer), particularly with concern to games, video, and (unfortunately) OS X in general (so much eye candy it practically requires a G4). Should I bite the bullet and get one, or hang in there for a little while? I'd hate to buy it now only to have them come out with a 900mHz version, or a smaller less expensive powerbook, or an iDock that would offer road portability and desk power. And then there's this Gigawire thing that sounds intriguing - I don't want to make the same mistake I made before (buying the last model that didn't support USB or Firewire and getting left out in the cold peripheral wise). It seems like I've been patiently waiting for a 'book to meet my criteria, only to have it held up by a stubborn insistence to not let IBM G3s outpace Motorolla's cranky G4s.