Advice on next weeks purchase.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by merlynhome, Jan 7, 2006.

1. merlynhome macrumors member

Hi

So next week is going to be a major week for me, one way or another i will be ordering my first Mac. I have had my eye on a laptop for months and the funds are now avalible, i like many others am just waiting to see wether I will be purchasing a new intel ibook/powerbook or an excisting modol. i am not overly warried if there are no new modols but if tuesday does bring soming special i will want to buy the best i possibly can, however i have a few concerns in regards to software.

i take it that the new ilife 06 will already be able to work fine in the new systems but i will need to purchase microsoft office for compatability reasons. will this run on a intel mac, if not how long before they release one that does.

My one vice is football manager which i love, the game disc already comes configured for pc/mac but what about intel mac and again will Sports Interactive be providing for me in the future.

simple questions thant i need help with

thanks

James

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

http://guides.macrumors.com/Rosetta
    But it may not run well.....That yet to be seen. Also they may announce new intel macs, but they may not ship for a couple months.

3. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I've always seen that as a dumb move because everyone will be waiting for them to ship and not buy the PPC ones in return losing Apple money.

4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Yes i would agree with you on that. They should ship the day of.

5. JimmyDTU macrumors newbie

Like Merlynhome, I'll be purchasing my first Mac this week as well, although I have my heart set on a 12" iBook g4, and just want to take advantage of a possible price drop. Here's my question...
    Will the (possible) announcement also drive down the price of refurbished iBooks on the online Apple Store? I want to buy refurbed and am wondering if I should even bother waiting while they might be in stock in the next couple days.

6. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

7. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

If they do release new iBooks they may or may not have the old ones for sale as refurbs. Depends totally on their inventory.:cool: