Advice on semi-broken keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Spike Spiegel, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

As luck would have have it, I finally, after 3 years of eating and drinking around my computer without incident, spilled water on my keyboard. It was on at the time. After I unplugged it and let it dry overnight, all the keys worked, but when I clicked, it registered a combination of Control, Option, and Command as being engaged also, leading to my inability to left click. So I too all the keys off, cleaned them, let it dry some more, got all the crap out from in between the keys, and put it all back together. The good news was, it wasn't registering keys that weren't pressed anymore. The bad news, the space doesn't work. Just the space bar. Is there any way that anyone can think of that I could fix that, or is that just the luck of the draw. The key is on properly, I triple checked, and I can't see anything stuck in those little wells that the pins go into, so I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

If you pull it off and press the plunger, does it work?

3. Spike Spiegel thread starter macrumors regular

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Bummer.. IMO (and I may be wrong), there's no recovering from this one. The connection is on the keyboard's board is probably shorted. You'll probably have to buy a new keyboard. Hopefully I'm wrong.