Advice please anyone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by litildivil, May 11, 2005.

1. litildivil macrumors newbie

May 11, 2005
    Evening, i'm fairly new to the whole online shopping thing and on my surfing travels, happened on found some games and a console (amongst other stuff) i liked and cheaper than others, BUT i'm not sure about buying yet as havn't heard much about them. Any help peeps??
  2. 840quadra Moderator

Staff Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Twin Cities Minnesota

As with anything expensive in electronics, it is best to go with what you know, or with what you can depend on. If don't know for sure, you can try to look up the company in the better business bureau, or by online business rating systems on the internet.

I would personally avoid a company that doesn't show it's phone number, street address, and other contact information that appears to be valid.
  3. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    From the press releases on Google, it seems to be an online shopping site from Seriously Internet ISP which offers discounts to its members. The press releases are all from the past few weeks so it's fairly new (both ISP and shopping) and there's no user feedback yet anywhere about it.

I'd hang off until it's been in business a little longer!
  4. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

Sep 13, 2003
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Good advice. Don't shop anywhere you can't send a mail bomb to.
  5. sarae macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2004
    madison, WI
    Making sure there's a physical address is good, but also check them out on or I personally wouldn't buy from a store that wasn't on one of those sites, with a respectable rating.
  6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    That's all good advice, but many unknown sites are legit. There's a site, blast whats the name, that rates all different stores on previous purchase feedback as well as their own testing. You could also check sites like that have different trusted merchants, many of which are pretty low. Epinions also has a similar set up as well as reviews by people who purchased the products. Sorry that's a little off topic :eek: .