Advice: price estimate on a dual-1.8 Powermac Rev.A?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by habibbijan, Aug 7, 2005.

1. habibbijan macrumors member

Jan 17, 2004
    Greetings. I hope I post this in the correct forum.

A friend of mine is interested in purchasing my dual-1.8 Powermac Rev. A (this is the one with eight slots for RAM, not the June 2004 model with only four slots).

He's a good friend, and I am interested in selling the machine to him, but I am not sure what price to ask. I want to offer him the best deal that I can, but at the same time I do not want to undercut myself. He has a greater need for the desktop, while I am interested in purchasing a powerbook. Here are the specs:

Dual-1.8 Powermac G5 Rev. A
    1.5 GB RAM (expandable to 8 GB)
    160 GB HD
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (64 MB)
    4x Superdrive
    Tiger upgrade

I want to re-iterate that I am NOT selling this machine on-line; I am simply selling it locally to a friend (unless he changes his mind). The computer looks visibly good, and I've dusted it with compressed air every few months. If you had this machine, what sort of price would you ask?

Thanks for any and all feedback. I appreciate it.
  2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

Feb 5, 2002
    All up in your bidness
    The Apple refurb store is selling a dual 1.8 for $1499. That one has a GeForce 5200, 256MB, and a smaller hard drive. Don't know whether it's a rev A or B.