Advice to find a 1990's Vintage Macintosh S.E

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Bartmaster1234, Feb 18, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Bartmaster1234

I'm currently in the market to purchase a complete Macintosh Classic S.E from the mid 1990's.

I'm looking for a set with the following: Boot-Up Discs (Every peice of software disc needed to use), Wires (Power Cords), Keyboard, Mouse,and anything else that is absolutely required to use the computer properly.

My budget for the computer set is around U.S.D $100-250.

Here is the Wikipedia Article for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_SE

Thanks, and any help will be appreciated. :D

2. macrumors 68040

I assume you are collecting? I think I know of one SE w/ hard drive still working in my family. I'll have to ask. Although it could be an SE/30... Just can't remember.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Bartmaster1234

Yes, I am a collector, but the thing I would love is if I could have one that is fully functional with all of it's required discs, cables, keyboard, hardware, etc.

I'm not very sure what the difference between the 2 models is, it's the harddrive space right?

4. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If i recall correctly, the SE/30 has a 68030 processor instead of a 68000. There are bound to be other differences too!

5. macrumors 6502

havokalien

SE's

There is an SE FDHD that has a hard drive and is a 68000,an SE dual 800k with 68000 and an SE30 with hard drive and 68030.

6. macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    I might have one... if you are still looking for one in a couple of weeks, I'll check when I am in the Bay Area. (It's at a relative's house)