AE Surge Protector

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Apple, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

Do you need a surge protector for the airport express? Ive had mine for a while now since they first came out and I was wondering if any1 has had theirs damaged by an electrical surge

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

better to be safe than sorry, mine is on one

3. Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple

Yeah i guess ill get one do you have one that will stay on the wall or something?

4. Bear macrumors G3

You should probably plug all your electronics into surge supressors. This includes the speakers or printer you may have attached to the AirPort Express. Better safe than sorry.

5. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I also recommend surge protector. I have 2 Belkins' back-up battery/surge protector units (550 V and 900 V) for all of my computer equipment. These units also clean the electric voltage/current so that all my computer equipment gets the clean electric current.

Even when I travel, I carry one of those surge protectors so that I can use it when I plug in my notebooks (and Airport Express base station) in a hotel.

6. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I agree, thats the way I have mine set-up

7. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

There is a compact one that "stays" on the wall, it's by APC, the only company I would EVER buy a surge protector from. I have that one of those for my stereo system. Mind you I have 6-7 APC surge protectors in the house including a UPS for my VAIO desktop and their quality is outstanding and their prices are excellent compared to Monstercrap, etc...

http://www.apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=P4T