AEBS = faster dialup internet speed??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ozimax, Jul 28, 2004.

1. ozimax macrumors member

ozimax

Yesterday purchased AEBS (with modem) and AE card for my iBook G4 12". All up took around 15 minutes to install and configure, absolute no brainer. HP 920C printer works flawlessly as does internet from approx 25 yards from base.

Internet connection speed seems to be much faster than using a phone line into the iBook modem? Is this just a euphoric repsonse on my part, seeing that everything is working so flawlessly, or is it possible that the actual dialup speed into the iBook is improved by using wireless???

Max

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

It's psychological, but the convenience of going anywhere without wires is real--so enjoy that.

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

It could have something to do with the fact that the Base station may be buffering the data from the modem and sending it to your iBook in chunks... making it appear that your speed is faster. Also, does your iBook have v.92? I'm pretty sure that the AEBS does, so possibility your connection speed is actually a tad faster.

4. ozimax thread starter macrumors member

ozimax

I think you're right, it seems faster in chunks etc