aesthetics question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

What specifically do you find to be misleading about this picture, compared to your iBook?

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

looks like every ibook to me...maybe the color is a little off :confused:

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I agree that picture looks slightly different from how I generally imagine an iBook... but it is just a photo of an iBook, plain and simple

5. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

6. KittenKrusher macrumors regular

I had to take a double-take on that, but now that I look at it, it is a regular iBook. It's just the angle and color. I saw that and thought, "Sweet, Apple slipped up again with a new iBook sneaking out".

7. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

whatever, i jusdt toht someone else saw it too... anyway, mine IS different, its not just the angle or colour- for example, my keyboard is way closer to the hinge than in the pic, and the keyboard is closer to the power button and the speaker too- plus, its not as SHINY

8. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

What ???!! You mean Apple have brought out an update? Wow, so much better than this one....

Attached Files:

9. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

Is yours a 12"? Because that picture is of a 14". That's why it looks different, and why there is more space between stuff.

10. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I don't know that much about iBooks, but could your variances just be the differences between a 12" and a 14" iBook? I know my 15" PB has a lot less grille space on either side of the keyboard when compared to a 17" PB.

11. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

12. dcv macrumors G3

Well mine (if i had an iBook instead of a PowerBook) would look different as I'd have a UK keyboard :p

13. Yoyodyne macrumors member

Well, they do Photoshop the gaps at the batteries. The screens on all promotions are definitely doctored. No iBook screen looks as good as they advertise. But hey, that goes with all products, not just Apple's.

14. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Of course. The screen never looks that good when you take a photo of it.

Remember the iPod nano advert with the hand holding it? It's incredibly easy to tell that it's fake. The screen image, at least.

15. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    No dude, that's actually the newest one out right now.

Anyway, i secretly like the iBook color scheme/look better then my Pb. I love the Apple white, and really like the Apple on the lid of PB/iBooks. Apple's "Apple" sets them apart in the look department in my book(No pun intended). Of course you have Dell written everywhere, HP, IBM, Toshiba, Viao etc etc but Apples laptops are so clean looking, and simple, most of you probably feel the same way otherwise i guess you wouldn't be fanatics like me.