After 3.1, My Iphone doesnt show up in My Computer anymore!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob Mclovin, Sep 24, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

After the 3.1 update, my iphone doesnt show up as its conneceted anymore. Itunes sees it, but Windows does not, and it doesnt show up in "My Computer", so i cant get pictures off of it!

2. macrumors newbie

Same problem..

I have exactly the same problem. iPhone shows up in iTunes, but not in Explorer (I´m on Vista).
    I don´t think it is 3.1, but iTunes 9.0.1... 14 days ago I reformatted my computer and everything worked fine (with 3.1), but then I updated iTunes to 9.0.1 and boom, it´s gone in Explorer.
    I´ve seen this happen before and then I could get it back by deleting it in Devices and let it reinstall the drivers, but not this time...:(
    I´ve tried everything I could think of, uninstall and reinstall iTunes, didn´t help, uinstall everything Apple ( in Regeditor too) and reinstall, no go either...:mad:
    Please help cause this is driving me nuts..

3. macrumors 603

works fine for me on 3.1, 9.0.1 and Windows 7 x64 RTM

but i did restore as new after i went to 3.1

4. macrumors 6502a

Clete2

I don't have anything to add, except:

Mine works in Windows 7, so we at least know that the functionality was not removed.

iPhone 3GS 32GB on 3.1.

Edit: Win 7 RTM 64-bit.

Did not do restore as new to upgrade to 3.1.

5. macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to my roommate, and he thinks it is a bug w/ iTunes 9.01 too.

Any resolution in sight?

6. macrumors member

Question

Do I need to install iTunes 9.0.1 AND 3.1 firmware in order to get MMS?

I just have 3.1 right now...

7. macrumors 6502a

Clete2

It's worth a shot.

8. macrumors member

I'm DLing it now. MMS isn't working for me...not that I'll use it or want to make a big deal about it but I like having all of the parts working on my phone.

9. macrumors 6502a

Clete2

If you're in the USA and on AT&T, you aren't missing out. We're all waiting on the carrier file, which isn't released yet. Try your luck later today or tomorrow. :)

10. macrumors member

Ok. How will I get that update? Like where will is see something that tells me to?

11. macrumors newbie

I think it has to do with iTunes too, cause the other times it happened to me was after a iTunes update

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya actually now i think about it, it happened after i updated to Itunes 9.0.1. Now when i plug it in, it makes the sound that a USB has been plugged in, then makes some weird sound like it, then a sound that goes down.

Might have to delete it as a device and reinstall the drivers.

FUUU!

13. macrumors 65816

Go into your device manager and see if there is a yellow exclamation next to the iphone. It would be under the portable device section.

Let me know as i did and was able to remedy it.

14. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, under the Portable Device section, there is something called USB CF Reader, and there is a yellow exclamation point by it, dont know how to find Iphone in it though!

15. macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help, but i´ve tried that, i deleted the device and let windows reinstall the drivers, I even uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, but nothing helps.. And there were no yellow exclamation, so it should work..

16. macrumors newbie

Try to right click on the device, delete it and connect your iPhone. Windows will say "new hardware found" and reinstall the drivers..