Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
After the 3.1 update, my iphone doesnt show up as its conneceted anymore. Itunes sees it, but Windows does not, and it doesnt show up in "My Computer", so i cant get pictures off of it!

Heavy Dude

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Same problem..

I have exactly the same problem. iPhone shows up in iTunes, but not in Explorer (I´m on Vista).
I don´t think it is 3.1, but iTunes 9.0.1... 14 days ago I reformatted my computer and everything worked fine (with 3.1), but then I updated iTunes to 9.0.1 and boom, it´s gone in Explorer.
I´ve seen this happen before and then I could get it back by deleting it in Devices and let it reinstall the drivers, but not this time...:(
I´ve tried everything I could think of, uninstall and reinstall iTunes, didn´t help, uinstall everything Apple ( in Regeditor too) and reinstall, no go either...:mad:
Please help cause this is driving me nuts..

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
works fine for me on 3.1, 9.0.1 and Windows 7 x64 RTM

but i did restore as new after i went to 3.1

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA
I don't have anything to add, except:

Mine works in Windows 7, so we at least know that the functionality was not removed.

iPhone 3GS 32GB on 3.1.

Edit: Win 7 RTM 64-bit.

Did not do restore as new to upgrade to 3.1.

MDePew24

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2008
Ballwin, MO
I'm DLing it now. MMS isn't working for me...not that I'll use it or want to make a big deal about it but I like having all of the parts working on my phone.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA
I'm DLing it now. MMS isn't working for me...not that I'll use it or want to make a big deal about it but I like having all of the parts working on my phone.

If you're in the USA and on AT&T, you aren't missing out. We're all waiting on the carrier file, which isn't released yet. Try your luck later today or tomorrow. :)

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I think it has to do with iTunes too, cause the other times it happened to me was after a iTunes update

Ya actually now i think about it, it happened after i updated to Itunes 9.0.1. Now when i plug it in, it makes the sound that a USB has been plugged in, then makes some weird sound like it, then a sound that goes down.

Might have to delete it as a device and reinstall the drivers.

FUUU!

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Go into your device manager and see if there is a yellow exclamation next to the iphone. It would be under the portable device section.

Let me know as i did and was able to remedy it.

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Go into your device manager and see if there is a yellow exclamation next to the iphone. It would be under the portable device section.

Ya, under the Portable Device section, there is something called USB CF Reader, and there is a yellow exclamation point by it, dont know how to find Iphone in it though!

Heavy Dude

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009

Thanks for your help, but i´ve tried that, i deleted the device and let windows reinstall the drivers, I even uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, but nothing helps.. And there were no yellow exclamation, so it should work..

Heavy Dude

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Ya, under the Portable Device section, there is something called USB CF Reader, and there is a yellow exclamation point by it, dont know how to find Iphone in it though!

Try to right click on the device, delete it and connect your iPhone. Windows will say "new hardware found" and reinstall the drivers..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.