after 6 mac products

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by FuNkY mOnK, Aug 11, 2002.

1. FuNkY mOnK macrumors newbie

I made the switch, but still kept my faithful WinXP, my wife and I decided to purchase the ibook, after three had bad scratches and at least two pixel burns ea. We decided that at 3,000.00 the g4 powerbook will surly be flawless, NOT! These too had scratches, pixel burns and on top of that the lcd had scratches on all three, finally the clerk says that you could never get a perfect lcd it would cost to much, just ignore them that’s what he does. I choose to ignore him and got a refund. I would never spend top dollar on a mac product if quality control doesn’t take action, and accept pixel burns as a defect; I’m willing to pay anything for a perfect lcd. Oh, one more thing they also told me if I have certain acidic what ever, that chances are it would affect my g4 exterior. I thought this was titanium? Why call it titanium and not paper mashie. I’m not ready to switch I guess? Or maybe, just to embarrassed to go through all them returns again.

2. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: after 6 mac products

I have a tiBook. It came flawless in the box. No burned pixels. No scratches. Nothing out of sorts. almost a year on, it still has no scratches. No bad pixels. The screen is perfect. I love it.

My friend has a tiBook. His too is perfect screenwise. He dropped a PS2 on it. A playstation. A heavy brick. It put a very small dent in the top. It didn't affect the screen. Didn't hurt it. It's just ugly. But still... no damage. And he dropped the PS2 from a standing position onto his ti, which was on a table. Go figure.

Another friend has an iBook. he tosses it into a cheapie bag, pulls it out in the car, in the field, wherever to download photos. He has no sctraches anywhere on the thing. He's had it for about 5 months. And he can be really rough on that stuff.

I have another friend who just bought a new rev. c tibook. His came perfect in the box, all accessories in place, no scratches anywhere, no bad pixels. Perfect. With a capital 'P'.

I have an Apple 17inch LCD studio display. It is perfect. No bad pixels at all. It's a dream to work on, much nicer than my Sony Trinitron I used to use.

I could go on and on and on. No one i know has gotten a bad pixel. I have never seen them and don't doubt their existence.

So, are you setting your machines on that special brillo pad desk? Is that why they're getting scratched??? Have you taken a serrated edge knife to them to try and open the screens? I wouldn't do that.

Sounds like you're making all of this up..... IMHO.

3. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Re: Re: after 6 mac products

...and with really bad spelling and no grammar whatsoever.

4. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

I kinda feel what you are sayin', my TiBook has a pixel burned out on it and in the bottom center portion of the LCD:mad: That's why they have extended warranty plans!!:D I bought one that last for three years, so I don't have anything to worry about!!:D Technology is not perfect!!!:p

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Either that or he's buying at CompUSA, I've seen more macs beat to s*** in there then I can count.

6. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

What's funny is that through the years, i've bought a bunch of macs from one of our local Crap USA outlets, and aside from their service sucking poopoo i've never had a problem with the machinery itself.

I've bought a g3 266 tower, a dual 450, a tibook 667, an iMac 600 and a dual gig.

The only machine i've ever bought from apple was a lombard 333 custom. Nice laptop. Doesn't hold a candle to my ti though. :)

m

7. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Have you tried GENTLY rubbing the pixel? I've heard this works....

8. FuNkY mOnK thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I purchased them at compusa with the warranty, and the boxes where immaculate, also they sent me to other compusa around the tri state area in case they had gotten a bad batch, what were the chances of getting more rotten apples? So I thought. Hey, maybe you guys got the perfect g4 good for you, I wasn’t so lucky. And I most certainly will not go through that running around again. I forgot to mention, I also offered to buy the display model, but no can do, unless it were discontinued.

9. FuNkY mOnK thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Einstein, find one word I misspelled? Fu*king jackass can’t take a little criticism about his G4? Listen up junior, when I shell out 3,000.00 for a laptop 99.00 for the airport card 349.00 for apple care, which by the way when I called tech support I got this guy that sounded like Tony Montana, you bet your smelly ass I’m going to rate that product for what it deserves. How's my spelling and grammar now?

10. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Sucks to be a troll, then, huh?

I've know literally hundreds of people who have bought macs throughout the years, and only one has ever gotten a bad mac out of the box.

Sounds to me like you're trying to bash apple and whatnot.

If you're serious, why don't you post some pictures of these "rotten apples" and receipts and whatnot. I'd be interested to see...

I mean, let's face it. The chances of this happening this many times to you leads me to believe that you weren't taking care of the ibooks and tibooks, scratched them through your own negligence and are now tryng to pawn it off on apple.

that is, if you've REALLY ever owned an apple, mr. "i still have my XP machine"

So, put up... or shut up, ok? Pics and receipts. scan 'em and upload 'em

11. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

well, sure, anyone can spell with a spellchecker.

FOTM is this: you're classy and elegant with your foul language and you're baseless, idiotic diatribes.

You probably never bought an apple. Go back to you dell... ok punk?

m

12. FuNkY mOnK thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

How many receipts do you need all six or just one?

13. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

You mean: "How is my spelling and grammar now?" or in short: "How's my spelling and grammar now?". No need to get abusive, BTW.

I have had a PISMO PowerBook for two years, and knock on wood, not a bad pixel, scratch anywhere. I have the bad habit of tossing it in my bag with the charger right on top, and so far, looks good as new, except for fingerprints from clients who like to point-an-touch *shudders* my screen. It seems you are LOOKING for flaws, and that's why you get them. Sort of a geeky instant karma. But maybe yes, there is no perfect machine. Go buy a Dell from the "DUDE" and when it tanks, try to deal with their Customer Care.

¢2.

14. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Let's see all six receipts AND pictures of each scratch, bad pixel, dented box, et. al.

Cool? Get to work troll!

15. FuNkY mOnK thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Yo, ease up with the troll remark dude, i’m going to send my last receipt which clearly say’s ap pb and I’m only sending one, trust me I took back six and they finally gave me a refund minus 15% restocking fee this was the worst experience in buying a laptop. Sue me.

16. FuNkY mOnK thread starter macrumors newbie

I have one problem? I cannot find a host, that it free of course, to upload my image. Any suggestions? I really want to show my receipts.

17. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Just use the attach image feature when you post :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. FuNkY mOnK thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

My wife and I fell in love with the ibook and at first we looked at the ti and said it was to expensive. Don’t get me wrong, the g4 is a beautiful laptop but when you have a dead pixel in the middle of the lcd and watching a dvd movie it reminds you and says Hey! Look at me, am I not the prettiest pixel out of all the others. It’s not a question of looking for flaws when they present themselves.

19. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Did you try rubbing it out? I've heard that fixes it 90% of the time

Rub it, reboot, it'll be gone

Why didn't you come here BEFORE you returned the machine, instead of whining about it now that it's done???

you'd probably still have the mac.

20. FuNkY mOnK thread starter macrumors newbie

I will get a G4 PB for I am hooked now, now I’ll take the opportunity for prices to drop, I’ll be getting the G4 667. Btw the image is to big and if I make it to small you cant read the receipt. I’ll try another way to post the receipt.

21. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: after 6 mac products

Smart move. There's some good deals to be had at some good reputable dealers like Small Dog and Powermax.

If you have any problems, don't jump the gun and get radical. Come to the forums and ask. 99.9% of the time you'll get your answer.

And you'll be a happy macaddict

trust me

22. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

scratches, huh?

maybe you put them there unknowingly by accident...doofus...jk...are you sure you couldn't have lived with a tiny little scratch...it's not like a scratchmakes the performance obsolete....and the dead pixel.....SH*T HAPPENS...seriously...ONE dead pixel? ONE? that's hardly noticeable

23. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I was going to make a longer remark about your posts, but seeing as MoxieMike and Zarathustra beat me to it, you'll just have to settle for the condensed version.
    First, "paper mashie" is spelled wrong. The common spelling is papier-mache since it is a word of French origin, although it's frequently spelled as only paper-mache (you are wrong nevertheless).

I made the switch, but still kept my faithful WinXP, my wife and I decided to purchase the ibook, after three had bad scratches and at least two pixel burns ea.

the first clause up until "...faithful WinXP" is independent so you can't join it to the other independent after it unless you used a conjunction like and, so, or but.

the g4 powerbook will surly be flawless, NOT!

It's SURELY, not surly. Surly is an adjective meaning ill-humored, a pretty good word for your attitude.

I choose to ignore him and got a refund.

"choose" is present tense, "got" is past tense. You're not supposed to get them mixed up. Use "chose" instead.

Or maybe, just to embarrassed.

"to" is a preposition, "too," which is the correct usage, is the adverb that modifies the verb embarrassed.

I hope that was educational for you. I'm always happy to help out underprivledged children. :rolleyes:

24. dnte42 macrumors regular

My experience is certainly nothing like Monk's, but when I ordered my 15" flat-panel it came out of the box with 5 dead pixels (3 of them close together making a very annoying triangle) and one of the legs looking like someone had wiped something off of it with sandpaper. Annoying, but not worth returning for me. Maybe I'll try rubbing them pixels...

(edit: this was an order directly from Apple, so CompUSA can't be held guilty in this case. In general tho, it may very well be a different story.)

25. Pin-Fisher macrumors member

Hey Funky,

Would that tri-state area happen to be NJ,PA,DE? Would your local InComp-USA be Mt.Laural? Thats where I ordered my 17" isMac. Maybe I should have them open it up and check the screen before leaving the store...hmmm.....