after 90 days?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by gentryunderwood, Feb 24, 2004.

1. gentryunderwood macrumors newbie

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm a bit confused about the warranty. Does it end after 90 days or 1 year? I get the impression that only the telephone support ends after 90 days, but how after that period would you get warranty support if not by calling?

Am I missing the boat somewhere?
  2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    Yep, you still get the warranty for a year, you just don't get the phone support. So if you really enjoying talking to the Apple people, your out of luck. After that they will still fix something if it breaks, although watch out for shipping charges, I'm still a bit upset apple wants $30 for me to send in my iPod under warranty. Although when I sent my computer in, it was very fast service at no charge.
  3. gentryunderwood thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 17, 2004
    But how?

But how do you tell Apple that something is wrong with your machine?
  4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Feb 17, 2003
    with Hamburglar.
    you can call them, they just aren't allowed to troubleshoot/diagnose.
  5. Alfie macrumors member

Feb 22, 2004
    South Dakota
    Here's the way it was explained to me when I spoke with Apple Support a few weeks ago:

During the first 90 days, Apple support will talk to you about any problem. Between the 91st day and the end of the first year, they will help you, but if it is determined that the problem isn't hardware related, they may charge you a fee for their services ($49, if I recall correctly.) If the problem is hardware related, they will fix it for free, as usual.

If you buy the AppleCare 3 year warranty, you can call them anytime for the full three years with no extra charges.
  6. gentryunderwood thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 17, 2004