after all needed accessories, how much is a 360??

Discussion in 'Games' started by holamiamigos, Dec 23, 2006.

1. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2006
    im thinking about buying the premium, but im not sure how much it will actually cost me. so help from the 360 owners would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    Well, it depends on what you need. Do you need WiFi? Tack on another $100.
  3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Right off the bat and I know this as I've just purchased one for xmas...
    Premium system
    2nd wireless controller
    Wireless controller charger
    right now there is a deal you get ghost recon free but rumors have been heard that they're also giving away need for speed underground. This was discovered tonight when a friend bought one.

That is all that was needed. Then I did get the wifi and three games. I also stuffed the stocking with xbox live for another 12 months even though he's already a subscriber. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up project 8, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and probably the wireless headset. What do you need? Charger for the wireless controller IMHO, a 2nd controller if you have friends, wireless if you aren't near your connection and $50 for xbox live.
  4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Jan 14, 2006
    New York City
    There was a deal at Toys R Us all week, which I think is going to end today (Saturday) that you get a $100 gift card when you buy an Xbox360. So I made the plunge this week and bought an Xbox Premium, 1 Wireless controller and the VGA Cable all for under $400 (after using the gift card).

I haven't even opened it yet because I've been too busy but I know it was too good a deal to pass up.
  5. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Well surely there should be a deal that bundles an extra wireless controller.

There's a lot of them over here. Wireless charger / recharge pack costs about $15

Wifi Adapter can vary in price, I got mine from ebay for $60 and have no regrets. It may have cost extra but at least it's fully capable of G speeds (somthing someone needs to have words with Nintendo about)

Buy official cables if you need a VGA cable etc.
  6. Motley macrumors 6502

Dec 11, 2005
    Go to microcenter before the end of the year and get a mail in rebate for $100 back on either a core (bleh) or premium.
  7. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Feb 9, 2006
    USA, KS
    If it's only you playing, you don't need anything extra.

Personally I just bought some rechargable batteries and have not bought the play and charge kit.

Then I bought 1 extra wireless and 2 wired. I did the wired in case I did run out of batteries, but mostly so I could use them on PC/Mac. The Play And Charge kit will not work on computers, so you have to have the wired controllers for that.

If you have to have wireless then yeah, you could get that... I personally just picked up a cheap, long, ethernet cable...
  8. a456 macrumors 6502a

Oct 5, 2005
    In the UK, XBOX 360 prices are currently being slashed at the major electrical retailers - £60-100 off at places like Comet, Currys and PCWorld. So, prices are already coming down (even though I thought MS were losing money for every one they sold???).
  9. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    I'm assuming its retailers that are taking the slam not microsoft. But more throughput in the store is more kerching for them anyway.

As I've said in other threads the 360 has some really great bargains here in Ireland, and its no wonder its selling very very well.
  10. BillHarrison macrumors 6502

Jul 25, 2003
    If you are anywhere near a Microcenter, they have 100 dollar rebates on both systems.

So the premium ends up at 299, the core at 199.

The bare minimum to play and enjoy games?

Core system (299) and Memory card (39.99).

I just recently got my bro this system. While limited compared to the HD equipped, he loves it, as he is "Purely" a gamer and being able to play me over live is all he wanted. If he ends up wanting the extras the HD adds, then he can buy one, a smaller fee for him, since he is financially limited.

I personally have the Premium and every add on - Wireless headset, Vision camera, HD-DVD drive, etc. I use mine as a media center extender, and absolutely love it.