After iTunes upgrade being asked to allow incoming permissions every time. Why?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by michial, Dec 1, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

michial

The firewall settings are green allowing incoming connections to iTunes but I still get prompted every time I open it since upgrading yesterday. Any suggestions besides deleting and reinstalling iTunes? Would negating it out of Firewall Options and reopening iTunes add in the correct permission?

Tried deleting out of Firewall Options and relaunching iTunes. Did not fix.

2. macrumors regular

TheManOfSilver

I'm in the same boat. Somewhat annoying. Haven't seen any fixes posted on the Apple Support forums yet. Hopefully it's a bug that will be squashed with a quick 11.01 release.

3. macrumors regular

Same here, tho not everyone is getting it. I had this on 10 long ago, but it somehow fixed itself. (maybe by a update I installed or something..) after updating to 11, it's back again. =[

4. macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Same issue. I had to disable the firewall to prevent it from prompting me every time I opened iTunes 11. This is on an iMac with Mountain Lion.

5. macrumors regular

Had this before. You all probably used auto update right?
    Fix: download from apple site directly and reinstall.

6. macrumors regular

TheManOfSilver

Tried this. Didn't help. Still get asked every time iTunes launches.

7. macrumors newbie

whbunn

Same here for Mac Mini, but NOT on MBP. Very annoying. Did try reinstall from download, same proble. Also cleared pref files, no help