After MAC OSX Update this week...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pcproff, Oct 2, 2006.

1. pcproff macrumors member

pcproff

I have been noticing super slow startup times and bootup times. Anyone else experiencing this? Please Help!!

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Yeah, my iMac is about as fast getting to the desktop, but it takes MUCH longer for the menubar to fill with icons than it did before 10.4.8. This is through mulitple restarts, not just on the first one like some updates. Kind of annoying, hopefully 10.4.9 fixes it.

3. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

same here on my MBP... after booting I get to the desktop screen about the same time (maybe a couple seconds slower)... but spotlight, battery, volume, etc... all take forever to load... 10.4.9 better fix it

4. pcproff thread starter macrumors member

pcproff

My issue is exactly what you guys are describing. I almost feel reluctant to perform the Windows I mean OSX :D updates when they show up. I thought I left Windows to be able to perform updates without have to worry about system instability!

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

FWIW, I booted into OS X a few minutes ago and the menubar came up immediately. I wonder if the problem has fixed itself (on my machine)?

6. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

seems like this has really been a problem for the laptops. I installed the update on my Mini, and it was a little weird for about 10 minutes, but after a restart it's been fine ever since.