After Market internal PBook SuperDrive?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stoid, Dec 10, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    When I originally purchased my 15 inch Aluminum bundle of joy shortly after they became available, I opted out of the SuperDrive figuring that it was a luxury that I didn't really need, and probably wouldn't use. In hinder sight though (and now that a friend got the same machine but with the SuperDrive, I have changed my mind realizing that the ability to burn DVDs will also increase it's resale value too. I'll probably be taking my baby down to an Apple store when I go home for Christmas Break (I have those infamous dread white spots), and I was wondering if is even feasible to ask about getting an internal Apple SuperDrive put in while it in the shop. Has anyone tried this, or is it impossible and asking the employee will just get me laughed at? If it is possible, what do you think the cost factor might be, I know I saved 180 dollars by down-grading (education machine), and was wondering if it will be more to get a new one put in place?
  2. legion macrumors 6502a

Jul 31, 2003
    Re: After Market internal PBook SuperDrive?

I'm fairly sure that if Apple doesn't do it for you, you'll void your warranty (AppleCare included) if you or a third-party does it.